Technical > Matt Shaff's Engine Shop

Cam help and info.

(1/3) > >>

Chuck466:
So I have this LSM Cam in my application that I have had for 15 years really been a great piece, I called LSM last week and there saying it won't work with a blower set up, I'm sure they just want be to buy another camshaft from them, I would like to list the specs and get the opinion of other blown application racers.

Fire order 1-8-7-2-6-5-4-3
Intake lift at 50 470    Exhaust lift at 50 460   
Intake duration 282.   Exhaust duration 296
Intake opens 27 BTDC   Exhaust opens 82 BBDC
Intake closed 75 ABDC  Exhaust closes 34 ATDC
LCA 114
overlap 61

Running 1.5 Jessel rocker arms  Intake lift 705    Exhaust lift 690 

gordon:
Sounds like a very good cam to run in a small block using blower on alky to me. Make sure you have good springs and lifters. I have never run anything from LSM . My go to now is Mike Jones cams since Ultradyne is no longer around. Keep your comp. ratio at 10.50-11.00 :1 for easy on parts tune up. More compression will get more power but cost more in parts and be more razors edge on the tune up.

wideopen231:
Duration looks great. Taking lift is valve, if so I would say little low there. Agree give Mike a call. Just got a regrind from him. Might have issue getting cam core to grind, I know him and most everyone was having problem cpl months ago.

Chuck466:
Ok sounds good, I was hoping I could run this cam for now and get the bugs worked out, unfortunately my compression is 12.5 because of the small chambered head running a .070 head gasket to get it to 12.5, do new heads and cam will be next winters project change.

wideopen231:
 Pistons are a lot cheaper than heads. Now if you are talking new heads that flow better and help with compression, it is hard to knock the new heads.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version