Author Topic: shout out to Jones cams in Denver NC  (Read 1237 times)

Offline wideopen231

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 1/8 3.70@ 198 1/4 5.78@245
  • Your Engine: Hemi 526 ci alcohol
  • Your Track: Piedmont
  • Your Vehicle: 225 CMC FED
  • General Location: NORTH CAROLINA
shout out to Jones cams in Denver NC
« on: January 29, 2022, 10:35:55 AM »

posted January 29, 2022 11:00 AM
Just received cam back that I sent out for regrind. Degreed it in and checked all numbers dead on. Good service, right on schedule and great to work with. Can't ask for much more.

Even went above and beyond some. Seems first cam I sent him was bent and had been welded before. The welding I had no idea of,the bent I should have checked.Upon thinking back it was cam that was in motor when I kicked two rods at VIR. Because of some event before race I thought it was something other than the engine and stayed in it 300 feet after the problem. Still ran 5.90 at 230, but it was a costly run.
Guessing cam got bent in that 300 feet of light bulb short circuit. Spent two weeks trying to fix cam.Then sent them second cam and he ground it as requested, Never mentioned any extra for work trying to save first cam.

Now how cam runs is all on me before everyone goes there. My specs and even had them change their recommendation to what I wanted after discussion on duration and why I wanted it less than they recommended on exhaust.
Relecting obama is like shooting right foot because it did not hurt enough when you shot left foot