Author Topic: bracket racing a FED  (Read 5558 times)

Offline Curly1

• View Profile
    • AireTex Compressors
  • Your Best Time: 7.95 @ 167 1/4 mile
  • Your Track: Texas Motorplex
  • Your Vehicle: 125" Altered
Re: bracket racing a FED
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2022, 07:49:03 PM »
Be careful with 16 volt battery they are rather deceiving. They spin over faster but also go dead faster and with mechanical injection you may learn it the hard way.

I think you have to run radiator and fan if you are going to bracket race. If not you will have problems and lose rounds and races because of it. We need all the help we can get and in bracket racing part of consistency is being able to control water temp and other variables as much as possible and to compensate accurately for those you can not control Weather etc.

Offline wideopen231

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 1/8 3.70@ 198 1/4 5.78@245
  • Your Engine: Hemi 526 ci alcohol
  • Your Track: Piedmont
  • Your Vehicle: 225 CMC FED
  • General Location: NORTH CAROLINA
Re: bracket racing a FED
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2022, 07:24:59 PM »
Guess I will have problems then. This engine can not run water. then again we have run 4 or 5 bracket cars with MFI and never had water, Most had no issue with heat. Plus I have two solenoids that control fuel that will add or subtract temp pretty quick. I may have to change oil more often, but then I do that anyway. I get about 10 gallons on the average weekend with a/fuel car and just have to filter it and maybe cook a little. As for trans temp I have a new run around system on the way,

I normally can drop temp on return road with richening solenoid, same for trip up if not using 4 wheeler with push bar, I can raise temp wuick with another solenoid that leans the idle down or just use shut off to raise temp. I have two head temp sensors,oil temp and trans temp readings. Thinking about going to two warning lights for high and low temps if I go to digital dash.

I am not saying water might not make it easier. Just it would require a complete new engine. Not to mention complete restocking of spare parts and gear.

Again guys I am not knocking suggestions. Just explaining what I have done to counter some for seeable problems. I do appreciate suggestions and they help me punch list myself. Heck I have had long enough to think thru lot of stuff some of which I might be better off not doing/LOL
Relecting obama is like shooting right foot because it did not hurt enough when you shot left foot