Technical > Dan Dishon's Transmission Den

transmission case steel insert

(1/2) > >>

wideopen231:
 Bought used case and has a insert for it. Wondering how many run the insert.Its only 3 lbs and it is safer.But it is 3 lbs.LOL

tcoupekyle:
Steel insert? Like a cage around the clutches?

denverflatheader:
wideopen231 - I had a earlier design aftermarket SFI pg with the inside case liner.  When I sent it to Reid for SFI recert 7 years ago, you had to send the insert along with the case to receive new SFI sticker.  The earlier design case and liner worked together for your SFI cert.  I ran the liner in mine, maybe try find 3 pounds elsewhere to save weight not related to SFI  : )  Your carbon fiber idea cuts weight.  Maybe run 1/3 gallon less fuel to reduce weight.  Alan

wideopen231:

--- Quote from: tcoupekyle on September 01, 2021, 05:30:55 PM ---Steel insert? Like a cage around the clutches?

--- End quote ---
Actually covers area where drum is. Deos nothing for planetary area which In would think has more issue. Do not need with the JW case you bought off me is so thick and 44 mag wouldn't penetrate it and to sfi it has to be able to stop a 22 power wise.Thats what I was told anyway.

bikeguy307:
Some of the newer cases do not require a liner. In all honesty it's not like they're going to know whether it's in there or not. But you will have to send it in with the case in order to get both of the recertification tags.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version