Technical > Dan Dishon's Transmission Den

bolt together toque converter

(1/2) > >>

wideopen231:
 Thinking about getting bolt togther Torque converter. Main reason is ablity to change stall when change amount of nitro I want to play with. While more expensive. One with parts is cheaper than 3 or 4 which would still be combo specific.

masracingtd1167:
While you are at it you might as well get an alluminum one and really spend some money !

wideopen231:
oh crap they cost money? A fella on DRR was telling me that his Abruzzi was 500 more for the aluminum bolt together than the weld.At least I think it was aluminum. My thinking is if it will allow range of adjustments I want and at about 350 per setup it is lot less expensive than  4 or 5 converter or having one reworked for different combo. It may not even work where they will do what I am hoping for. That is why I am doing some investigating about it.

The day I quit thinking I will probably ge rich.LOL

tcoupekyle:
We use a FTI bolt together in top dragster and have 2or 3 sets of guts for it. I can say it works well.
In that case it makes like 2700hp with a powerglide and we leave in high gear only. And converter doesn’t provide any issues. 

wideopen231:
How much heat you build leaving in high. Asking because thinking high gear with A/fuel setup might work pretty well. Will not be 2700.Well not unless I get bigger pump and hotter mag,right now running msd mag 12, I could dbl up and run two mag twelves. I have two and dual magt base. I think high gear leave with higher gear in rear might workout with bigger pump. I haqve a 13 gpm and a 19 gpm pump on shelf.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version