Technical > Roo Man's Room

gaining ground clearance.

(1/3) > >>

wideopen231:
 After some test runs although very limted due to panic a demic. I need to gain some ground clearance . Best option even though limited is lower powertrain in chassis. I can lower motor about 1.5" before heads hit chassis. Lowering will allow me to lower rearend the same. I will have to move it forward about a inch due to how I made mounting plate. I can basically rework mid plate and make new front plates. I will have to rework my anti rotation tabs.

I could lower rear end more but would require tilting engine at front upward angle. Not sure that would be best. I figure wuth the 2.25" I have a mid plate niot(closest point) adding 1.5 inches will make loading and unloading easier.A big plus will be not getting my ass slammed every time I drive over high spot or hit small dip in return and pit road.

Only other way to gain would be taller tires running 32's now which are actually  slightly over 31 tall race ready,there is part of my screw up on build.

Thoughts good or bad on this approach?

Supercat:
Taller tires front and back is the quickest and probably easiest/cheapest.
How close are you to Rocky Mount ? Send me a pm

wideopen231:
 Changing tires is probably most expensive. for me anyway. Tires I have are almost new. Taller tire in 14 wide hard to find. Front tires would require new wheels plus limit ablity to get spare in case of. Easier yes. Would like new lighter front tire and wheel combo,but keeping same size gives me ready made spares. On rear I would like to try some `12 wide but still need new wheels for that and a 33 tall in 12 wide almost nonexistent

Cutting.welding and machining only cost few materials(very few in this case and time. While time is valuable I can find it easer than money. Skipping TV or sleep cost nothing.LOL Changing chassis is probably most work,but seems to be best since corrects issues and gives room for changes. Would like better option bur having hard time coming up with one.

masracingtd1167:
Chris I have been running that 12x33 M+H on my car and have had great luck with them ! They are heavier than the Good Year 30 lbs but have been quicker for me in the 60 ft ! I will measure the roll out today and let you know what it is !     

Paul New:
M&H makes a 12x33-15
Brand:M&H Racemaster
Manufacturer's Part Number:MHR-069
Part Type:Tires
Product Line:M&H Racemaster Drag Race Slicks
Summit Racing Part Number:MNH-MHR69

Wheel Diameter: 15 in.
Tire Size: 33 x 12.00-15
Sidewall Style: Blackwall
Tire Construction: Bias-ply
Tire Diameter: 33.00 in.
Section Width: 15.90 in.
Tread Width: 12.30 in.
Minimum Recommended Wheel Width: 11.00 in.
Maximum Recommended Wheel Width: 13.00 in.
Directional: No

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version