Drag Racing Discussions > Front Engine Dragsters

Changing motor plate

(1/2) > >>

tcoupekyle:
Is there any way to drill a motor plate to a different pattern without starting from scratch? What about bbf to Chevy trans? Any ideas?

Rat:
It would depend on what thickness plate you were starting with and any bolt pattern overlap. If thick enough you can duel pattern using countre sunk cap screws. We have a 392 Hemi with a powerglide.  :)

fuel749:
I would almost bet advance adapters makes a BBF to chevy adapter that you could buy and bolt through your Ford holes and use the chevy side as a drill guide.  If you're looking to use a chevy trans behind your Ford an ultrabell is the best way in my opinion.

tcoupekyle:
I had a Chevy motor in this and a Chevy powerglide. I don't mind changing the Bell to fit the Ford I was just curious is there was a drill guide to go from Chevy to Ford to not have to build a new motor plate just pop in the new bolt pattern but keep the crank shaft centerline

fuel749:

--- Quote from: tcoupekyle on December 26, 2020, 09:41:21 AM ---I had a Chevy motor in this and a Chevy powerglide. I don't mind changing the Bell to fit the Ford I was just curious is there was a drill guide to go from Chevy to Ford to not have to build a new motor plate just pop in the new bolt pattern but keep the crank shaft centerline

--- End quote ---

Gotcha.  Advance adapters may have an inexpensive adapter you could use that would do just what you want.  I think I've got a pattern for a 351 I could overlay and cut a piece of aluminum with both patterns.  But I'm not sure which 351 I have or if it's the same as what you have.  You'll have to school me on Ford stuff

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version