Author Topic: Vertex V SM3  (Read 1920 times)

Offline retroboy

• View Profile
  • Your Track: Whyalla
  • Your Vehicle: FED
Vertex V SM3
« on: May 24, 2020, 04:12:22 PM »
Hey all. I have an internal coil Vertex in a just for fun injected methanol small block chrysler fed. I friend has a Super Mag 3 he'll let me have for the right price. His is a belt drive set up so I would have to dick around a bit to set it up. Will the SM3 be any better than what I have now - more complete combustion?
Cheers

Offline Spud Miller

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Fuel Injection Ent., LLC
Re: Vertex V SM3
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 05:27:40 PM »

If it's injected and just for fun, I'd just stick with what you have. You really won't notice a diff in your application unless one of them isn't healthy.

But...trying something new is fun and learning new tricks keeps it interesting. If it comes with a mag drive that fits your engine and the rotation is correct for you, the only hassle you'll have is to mount the coil somewhere.

Have fun!

Spud

Fuel Injection Enterprises, LLC
     Mechanical Injection
     Magnetos
     EFI Conversions

Offline retroboy

• View Profile
  • Your Track: Whyalla
  • Your Vehicle: FED
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 10:13:46 PM »

If it's injected and just for fun, I'd just stick with what you have. You really won't notice a diff in your application unless one of them isn't healthy.

But...trying something new is fun and learning new tricks keeps it interesting. If it comes with a mag drive that fits your engine and the rotation is correct for you, the only hassle you'll have is to mount the coil somewhere.

Have fun!

Spud

It's a belt drive set up so fitting isnt an issue. And my car has never been out the same way twice

dreracecar

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2020, 08:22:29 AM »
The only reason I had to switch to a III  from a vertex was because I had to run extreemly FAT to slow my car down for the index and the Vertex did not have enough power to light it and was "shooting ducks" on the top end.  Throw the index away and it ran fine