Technical > Roo Man's Room

cable thru chassis

(1/2) > >>

wideopen231:
 Going to have to ut remote power shut off on car,rules are rules. Would like to run thru upper right part of main hoop dow to fron of motor and to switch which is about 18" foward of motor.

Question is if I weld a tube in hoop just past radius and run cable thru it then exit in front of motor thru upper tube  and place a what ever you call the piece around opening to keep tube from failing.Have brain fart right now. Is that legal? I know spec stops at mid plate just wondering about opening in main hoop with tube welded into it.

rooman:
With a doubler or tube welded for cable entry/exit it will still certify.

Roo

dreracecar:
On a customer car , I mounted the S-O switch to a plate and then used a solinoid (kicker) to punch the lever and just ran some 16ga wire to a button switch at the back of the car. Hit the button, solinoid hits the toggle, batteries disconnected, until manually switched back on.

wideopen231:
was solenoid deal legal? I thought about same thing but figured not legal. Then I have to get s switch that kills mag and battery to be legal.LOL Besides for bracket deal if big tires in rear,skinny tires on front,car has diaper,driver has helmet and money you are good to go.

rooman:
I usually run two cables from the shut off switch--one to the back of the car as required by the rules and another to the cockpit so that the driver can shut off the electrics there as well.

Roo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version