Technical > Roo Man's Room

Towing with a strap

(1/2) > >>

dgrossmann44:
What is the best spot to connect the strap to the car. We’ve been Connecting to center of the front axle. Steering feels little different after pulling it around a bit. Has a P&S box  175” FED Thanks

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER:
In my instance I have a 5/8 ID tube welded on the frame that sticks up flush with the nosepiece to drop a pin in and hook a strap over it. On a couple of occasions track personnel have had to use it to get my car off the track after being disabled.

But to your other point, I have had a couple of P&S style boxes go bad (chipped scroll gear or worm gear). I'd take that box apart and examine it. They are not very complicated to service.

rooman:
Where the strap is hooked up should not affect the steering although I am not a big fan of the deal that puts tow loops on the spindle caps. I do the same as Frenchtown on my cars. The 5/8" tow pin is the NHRA standard for TAD and T/F so any of the safety vehicles at a track sanctioned by them should have that capability.

Roo

gregm784:
i build a pin holder under my front nose.  We drop the pin thru the nose, into it's hole and away we go.  i do not like pulling from the front axle at all. I know it was done for years that way, but i don't like it.

dreracecar:
Drop pin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version