Author Topic: Weldo fuel pumps  (Read 2220 times)

Offline wideopen231

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 1/8 3.70@ 198 1/4 5.78@245
  • Your Engine: Hemi 526 ci alcohol
  • Your Track: Piedmont
  • Your Vehicle: 225 CMC FED
  • General Location: NORTH CAROLINA
Weldo fuel pumps
« on: January 19, 2020, 07:23:29 AM »
Lil brother is looking at Weldon fuel pumps for his Turbo VW VR 6 that he is switching over to alky. Wondering if any here have experience with them. Asked me but I have never messed with them,xxxx didn't know there was a them till he asked.LOL
Relecting obama is like shooting right foot because it did not hurt enough when you shot left foot

Offline jeff/21

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 8.24
  • Your Track: any with-in a 6hr radius
  • Your Vehicle: fed
Re: Weldo fuel pumps
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2020, 09:43:52 AM »
what style of injection is he using ?

Offline noslin

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 0.00
  • Your Engine: none
  • Your Track: none
  • Your Vehicle: none
  • General Location: west coast
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2020, 10:22:56 AM »
watch out how much boost he is planning to run and max psi for the pump.  meaning if he is going to stick with 45lbs or so for base and plans on running 40lbs of boost or more see what max psi is for the pump.  if its 80 or 100 might look at something different.  further, if he plans on running higher base say 80 or 100 psi then 40lbs or more  then he needs something that has max 160 lets say (wont find a elec. pump for that) .   this is on gas... i used magna fuel 4303 pump with i think 120pis max.  i was going to run higher base (70) fuel pressure to help atomization out a bit and about 35psi.  that put me right there without any buffer.

i would use a mechanical pump with the setup if he plans to run alky. if not, i would look at the magna fuel pumps, as mentioned i have the 4303 but i would look at the 4703.   he might call Eserini as they have been messing with the vr6 for years and have the fastest vr6 RED.   super cool people and will help him out.  http://www.eseriniauto.com/     its an old vid but you get the pic.  i think they are in the 6's now.

the big boys run mechanical as thats the only way they can get the volume they need.   

what injectors, ecu, etc? 

dean

Offline wideopen231

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 1/8 3.70@ 198 1/4 5.78@245
  • Your Engine: Hemi 526 ci alcohol
  • Your Track: Piedmont
  • Your Vehicle: 225 CMC FED
  • General Location: NORTH CAROLINA
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2020, 04:02:13 PM »
my bad. I looked up the mechaical 37406 PN pump and did not realize they had electrics also. He runs electronic injection. He is buying new injectors and has to go to dual injectors to get enough flow. Boost is around 50# right now with a little left.For lil 6 cylinder it runs.He has been 4.90 1/8 with smaller motor  and smaller turbo on gas. Not sure why he wanted to tune it out on gas then switch to bigger turbo on gas and finally figure hey big brother might be right about just running alky and doing away with intercooler.Only  50 to 60 pounds off car.Heck with the 1963 type 3 body race ready and him he is only 1840 now.
Relecting obama is like shooting right foot because it did not hurt enough when you shot left foot