Drag Racing Discussions > Altereds

Help with keeping the wheels down

(1/2) > >>

ags111075:
I have a 32 bantam was a hard tail I switched it over to a ladder bar set up with coilovers. I have the ladder bars mounted in the center holes of the front mounts. My coilovers are adjusted at the middle setting. Leaving on the trans brake at 3200 the car will literally flip over. Leaving on the foot brake it carries the wheels through first gear. But I like using the transbrake. This is with a very mild sbc. Obviously wheel bars would help but I was seeing if I could adjust the rear suspension to calm it down.

BK:
https://www.dragstuff.com/techarticles/PB-Baselines.html
Sounds like you could try lowering the front. Paragraph 3.
Also moving or adding weight to the front.

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER:
My old Logghe altered did that. I never could calm it down completely - until I made up a 4-bar replacement kit to eliminate the ladder bars. I added an additional front bung under the front ladder bar bung (as built it had only one front pivot point). Try making a set of 4-bars equal in length to the ladder bars and use the lower two holes for a start. You'll like that better. You will probably need to add an anti-roll bar (i.e. a "sway bar") as you will lose the inherent roll stability of the ladder bar.

ags111075:
Thanks guys. I will try to lower the ladder bar on the front mount. If that doesn't work I will switch to a 4 link set up

BK:
You didnt mention what you have for a transmission or rear gear.
If you have a 3 speed a Powerglide can help.
If you have a lot of gear a lower ratio can help also.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version