Author Topic: March Meet 2020  (Read 3759 times)

Offline gregm784

• View Profile
    • Means Racing
  • Your Engine: 365" GenIV SBC
  • Your Track: Famoso Raceway
  • Your Vehicle: 1997 Stirling 200" FED
March Meet 2020
« on: October 01, 2019, 12:56:34 AM »
Famoso is changing how we park for the March Meet.  This is from their page. 

PIT PARKING – NEW PARKING POLICY FOR 2020! Pit parking for the 2020 Good Vibrations Motorsports March Meet will be first come first serve for pit spots. If you wish to park with your group please arrive with your group. For example: if you purchase 4 pit spots, all 4 competition vehicles must be present to receive the 4 spots. It is no longer required to purchase race entries at the same time, however it is required that you arrive as a group to park as a group. The earlier you arrive the better parking spot or spots you will receive. REMINDER parking begins Tuesday March 3rd, 2020 at 12 Noon!
Greg
El Dorado County, CA
www.meansracing.com

Offline THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 8.28@168 door; 9.00@147 6-cyl alt; 8.53@160 RED
  • Your Engine: 300 Ford six NA w/ crossflow and prod. heads
  • Your Track: Milan, Thompson
  • Your Vehicle: (3) Advanced Chassis altered , The Last Logghe altered, '30 RPU
  • General Location: North Coast
Re: March Meet 2020
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 06:17:09 AM »
I've only been to that race one time - as a spectator - but I'm wondering how you keep a group of race cars together going into the gate? You will almost have to have a nearby pre-determined meeting point to stage up your team(s)?

Offline gregm784

• View Profile
    • Means Racing
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2019, 09:28:57 AM »
Sounds like it's gonna be a challenge to get pitted.
Greg
El Dorado County, CA
www.meansracing.com

dreracecar

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2019, 07:27:08 PM »
So if a C/GAS gets there early enough he can park with the fuelers?

dreracecar

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2019, 07:29:16 PM »
Sounds like it's gonna be a challenge to get pitted.

its gonna be a challenge for the guy in the golf kart calling up the class for their runs

Offline noslin

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 0.00
  • Your Engine: none
  • Your Track: none
  • Your Vehicle: none
  • General Location: west coast
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2019, 10:27:02 AM »
Id stay up till midnight October 1 and get tickets as first come first serve based on ticket sales.   I was/have been on first  or second row everythime.  To me the process seemed to work well.  I can see from the owners view point with the amount of time they spend every year getting everything lined out pitting wise prior to the meet.  but it seemed to work just fine.  It just makes it real challenging now to get your group together before pitting.  Also will probably see a lot of cones and caution tape saving spots unless they are going to have a pit nazi managing those actions.   Not everyone can show up on tuesday to get a spot. 

Offline gregm784

• View Profile
    • Means Racing
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2019, 10:50:59 AM »
I'm still undecided if i'm going. I was going to buy a spot @ midnight just in case, but i read that paragraph and went to bed lol
Greg
El Dorado County, CA
www.meansracing.com

dreracecar

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2019, 11:00:11 AM »
Since I sold everything to Dave, I don't miss all the hassle one bit,  Come in Sat , watch the racing and go home, unless I'm needed by one of my customers, I will stay over for Sunday

Offline noslin

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 0.00
  • Your Engine: none
  • Your Track: none
  • Your Vehicle: none
  • General Location: west coast
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2019, 03:32:56 PM »
I'm still undecided if i'm going. I was going to buy a spot @ midnight just in case, but i read that paragraph and went to bed lol

ah, go ahead and get a ticket.  one benefit out of this is you can now park with others if you choose whereas the old way the parking spots were set.  downside is you might be in the sand.   aside from what surface where on we are there for the experience, comradery, fun (hopefully), etc.   

Offline gregm784

• View Profile
    • Means Racing
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2019, 09:16:01 AM »
Agreed. I really don't care where i park.  I have transportation.  My car doesn't mind.  it's all pretty flat (for jacks). 

Now there is no incentive to buy early though. we'll discuss it and we might show up. it's been a couple years since we chose to run the MM.  It's fun, it's an experience for sure.  But it's a lot of time off work, and a lot of money. 
Greg
El Dorado County, CA
www.meansracing.com