Drag Racing Discussions > Altereds

Ran our first seven!

(1/3) > >>

Dunc the Funk:
Team Thundergod just had a crazy weekend. On Friday the car wouild not start at all (see previous threads re poor starting). Eventually we realised it could only be the fuel pump so we borrowed one & it fired up right away. Ran it but it was so fat because the pump was delivering way more fuel that we only did a couple of 9 second passes. I finally got the tune more or less back on track & we went 7.98 @ 169. Still way rich! We were hoping for a better final pass as I had leaned it a bit more but I made a mistake by filling the tank to the brim with the system still full of fuel, then leaving it in the hot sun for half an hour. Fuel must have pushed into the cylinders, it would barely turn over let alone fire & we missed our chance.

Video from Santa Pod Raceway:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2451364821773018&id=100006985711150

gregm784:
Nice job!  THat leave looks like it had a little snot in her!  I like it.

dreracecar:
Before starting any engine, you insert a long handle ratchet into the hub bolted to the top pulley and rotate the pulley counter clockwise to back the motor down and clear any fuel that happens to leak into the cylinders, By not doing so , one runs the risk of hydrolicing the cyl and bending the rod or even worse

BK:
You would have to have something wrong with the tank venting for it to push fuel up into the engine.

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER:
That is a really nice photo of your leave. A 7.98 is waaaay faster than an 8.000 LOL.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version