Drag Racing Discussions > Door Cars

New member 1st post

(1/13) > >>

69427:
Hello FED members I would like to introduce myself, my name is Tom Burns and I have been lurking since Spud turned me on to this site a few years ago. I have enjoyed reading your technical articles mostly, as some can be applied to our car. My sons Corey & Dylan bracket race our 69 Camaro at Skyview Drags in Tioga Center NY. Best so far last year was a 5.96 @ 114 with a 1.29 60’.

A little about our 69 Camaro, it has a full interior and is all steel except for the VFN cowl hood and weights 3250 with driver. It is power by a 427 BBC built by Bob & Sheldon Strunky of S&S Speed in Kingston Pa. Tunnel ram and head porting work was done by Dennis Wheat of AFD. Spud set me up with a Enderle single butter fly originally, later I fabricated a custom sheet metal top for a Edelbrock tunnel ram with a forward facing throttle body. A Frank Lupo converter couples it to a Turbo 400 prepped by Jack Sepanek in Moosic Pa. Out back is an Auto Weld 4-Link hanging a Strange 9” Ford with 4.11 gear turning 29x10.5w Hoosier from Trackside Products. We data log with a V300sd.

jeff/21:
 Hi!
 some pics would be nice,especially of the intake!

69427:
Well here is the car with my son Corey doing the burn out:

Intake mock up:

69427:
And the last one. Took me awhile to get thru Photobucket.

uglytruck:
Nothing.......that's why he posted in the Door Cars section

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version