Drag Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

New to supercharging, need some pointers

<< < (2/6) > >>

dreracecar:
10.2 to 10.5 is a good starting point for compression for alc, and fairly easy on the starter.  People will tell you that cam selection is a "Black art", it really isn't, Too hot or wild of a cam will eat up the valve train, save that for those that can afford it or is running a class that demands it. Let the blower and magneto do the work

jaded13640:
excellent info! I'm cool with lower compression if that's the ticket.

I forgot to mention before, we need a hemi pattern blower manifold....I'm having a hard time understand why of all combinations THEY would be scarce but I'm not seeing any yet. Ideally used so save some money.

Wayne

GlennLever:
What is really important is the finial compression ratio. If you start with a higher static pressure you ask the motor to do more work, and the blower, does not work as hard.

If you start with a low static pressure you are asking more of the blower. Not a problem just a different way to look at it.

671 is a smallish blower which might need some help ......

Supercat:
We are running a 477 Buick blown alky. 671 to start and get the bugs out then we have the 871 when we are ready for it.
We are at 11.25 to 1 with a .070 head gasket.
Like many have said let the blower do its job add in fuel and good spark an have some fun.

jaded13640:
And that reminds me of the other question I forgot to ask. I've always used the good Felpro gasket for NA, what do you guys that run blowers use for head gaskets?

Wayne

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version