Author Topic: How to sell a Dragster  (Read 1231 times)

Offline dusterdave173

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 5.38in 1/8th
  • Your Engine: 355 CI SBC
  • Your Track: Mooresville, NC
  • Your Vehicle: CenPen 200 inch FED
Re: How to sell a Dragster
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2019, 05:49:50 AM »
I always said if I die my wife would sell it for $6500 because that is what I told her I had in it LOL

Glenn
You have a great car! Don't spend a dime to sell it just sell it  Think of all the joy that hot rod has put into your life and move on--
I ship cars to Norway every week--Yes exchange rates are killing folks over there as the dollar is strong etc-but THAT is their problem--They LOVE cars and they have plenty of Loot--Tell buyer all shipping etc is on them ( they know this) they hire a company that will pick it up--all you have to do is wait until funds have cleared--store car for free until they get t together to pick up--usually a few weeks--and only accept a wire transfer period! Tag up if you need any help

Ebay is a tired old dog BUT--more eyeballs see the car WORLD WIDE there than anywhere else--only takes one Glenn and there is a butt for every seat--that has always been true
I have always had a fascination with fast cars at the expense of more normal character development

Offline GlennLever

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Lever Family Site
  • Your Best Time: 1/4 mile 7.950 at 165 MPH
  • Your Engine: Pontiac 461 Alky Blown
  • Your Track: Empire Dragway, NY
  • Your Vehicle: Front Engine Dragster
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2019, 08:06:19 AM »
depressing, might just hold on to it. put a "stock" BB in it and just drive it, no maintenance.

Really could use the money though.
Glenn R. Lever
Rochester, New York 14617-2012
My Cars https://www.lever-family-racing.com/

Offline dusterdave173

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 5.38in 1/8th
  • Your Engine: 355 CI SBC
  • Your Track: Mooresville, NC
  • Your Vehicle: CenPen 200 inch FED
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2019, 05:37:28 AM »
No that is just spending More $$ on it Stop that now
Advertise on Ebay with as many photos as possible details details details
No auction just put a price and sit back
Mention overseas sales are AOK with you and wait......
Wires only and state funds must clear before shipping--wait that out until your bank promises you are in the clear then release car and never I mean Never make a fake invoice for less to 'save them" some tax--YOU will get into trouble! Tough poop for them on taxes--call if you need any help
It only takes one guy
There is a man in Mint Hill, NC millionaire that has biggest Pontiac collection on earth--he might be interested Walt Hollifield  He could be your guy
I have always had a fascination with fast cars at the expense of more normal character development

Offline xlr8

• View Profile
    • JEFF CHANDLER MATCO TOOLS
  • Your Best Time: 8.32 1/4 mile 152 mph
  • Your Engine: Pontiac Alcohol 428
  • Your Track: BARONA
  • Your Vehicle: 190" FED
  • General Location: west coast
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2019, 01:31:33 PM »
Glenn, good you luck with sale of your FED. As a fellow Pontiac guy, we are as rare as hen's teeth! I think I know of only maybe a dozen Poncho powered FEDs in the nation. Mickey Thompson and Eddie hill both had them, so they can't be all bad. So maybe if you run a few posts in FB page "Pure Pontiac Powered" or other similar pages you could generate some interest? If you decide to part it out, let me know about the engine.  As a side note, I have owned a 1968 GTO for almost 40 years that is dark green, and I love it! People that still hold onto the superstition about green race cars should have a chat with John Force. The winningest driver in any form of professional motorsports ever! He made a lot of "green" driving cars with green on them.  :o
Jeff Chandler - Matco Tools
619-991-7845
xlr8jsc@cox.net

Offline GlennLever

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Lever Family Site
  • Your Best Time: 1/4 mile 7.950 at 165 MPH
  • Your Engine: Pontiac 461 Alky Blown
  • Your Track: Empire Dragway, NY
  • Your Vehicle: Front Engine Dragster
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2019, 02:32:22 PM »
No that is just spending More $$ on it Stop that now
Advertise on Ebay with as many photos as possible details details details
No auction just put a price and sit back
Mention overseas sales are AOK with you and wait......
Wires only and state funds must clear before shipping--wait that out until your bank promises you are in the clear then release car and never I mean Never make a fake invoice for less to 'save them" some tax--YOU will get into trouble! Tough poop for them on taxes--call if you need any help
It only takes one guy
There is a man in Mint Hill, NC millionaire that has biggest Pontiac collection on earth--he might be interested Walt Hollifield  He could be your guy

I have sold a vehicle overseas before. Wire transfer into a singe use account set up by the bank for that purpose works for the money

I have not tried Fee-bay yet will give it a try in the spring.

I will give this a try "man in Mint Hill, NC millionaire that has biggest Pontiac collection on earth--he might be interested Walt Hollifield " THANKS

Glenn, good you luck with sale of your FED. As a fellow Pontiac guy, we are as rare as hen's teeth! I think I know of only maybe a dozen Poncho powered FEDs in the nation. Mickey Thompson and Eddie hill both had them, so they can't be all bad. So maybe if you run a few posts in FB page "Pure Pontiac Powered" or other similar pages you could generate some interest? If you decide to part it out, let me know about the engine.  As a side note, I have owned a 1968 GTO for almost 40 years that is dark green, and I love it! People that still hold onto the superstition about green race cars should have a chat with John Force. The winningest driver in any form of professional motorsports ever! He made a lot of "green" driving cars with green on them.  :o

I have raced against a couple, sure was a rare experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0htgwlucVOA&feature=youtu.be

I am willing to separate engine from the chassis.

I have it on facebook in several locations (Pontiac Drag Racers, Front Engine Dragsters, Front engine dragster forever, Slingshots, Alters & Fuel, Drag Racing Parts,          Drag Racing Parts (buy sell trade), Vintage Speed Equipment,  The Pontiac Network

Thanks Glenn
Glenn R. Lever
Rochester, New York 14617-2012
My Cars https://www.lever-family-racing.com/