Author Topic: negatives of FED as bracket car?  (Read 10612 times)

Offline Curly1

• View Profile
    • AireTex Compressors
  • Your Best Time: 7.95 @ 167 1/4 mile
  • Your Track: Texas Motorplex
  • Your Vehicle: 125" Altered
Re: negatives of FED as bracket car?
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2019, 04:52:18 PM »
Chris, you got a trailer now have you ran the car yet?

Offline wideopen231

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 1/8 3.70@ 198 1/4 5.78@245
  • Your Engine: Hemi 526 ci alcohol
  • Your Track: Piedmont
  • Your Vehicle: 225 CMC FED
  • General Location: NORTH CAROLINA
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2019, 05:40:34 PM »
Got trailer and getting it prepped. Had few issues for manufacture to correct hopefully pick up Friday. Working on generator and ramp extensions,you know these things don't load easy with 175" of it with only 3 inches ground clearance. LOL Lots more to do but that-s all that needed to  run the car. Have full tool trays,tool boxe and extras for running car so really just creature comforts for trailer to this winter. Luckily track is close(18 miles) because Ram 1500 even with Hemi is little lite for 32' trailer,heck running car will be relaxing after driving to track. Got to do few repairs to Dually or the Motor home for longer trips. Once she makes some solid runs I can worry with those.

Going to do some test runs in cpl weeks after these 95* &75% humidity crap is gone. May have to race in it ,but no reason  to test with driver/crew chief /owner in bad mood.. Going over car now dbl checking little things  making final tweaks to keep issue at track  minimal. Figure if can get down T-n-T track I will be good or at least on right track.

Hopefully have something to post by mid September.Will giver me  3  months to play before real winter hits around here.
Relecting obama is like shooting right foot because it did not hurt enough when you shot left foot

Offline gregm784

• View Profile
    • Means Racing
  • Your Engine: 365" GenIV SBC
  • Your Track: Famoso Raceway
  • Your Vehicle: 1997 Stirling 200" FED
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2019, 12:51:50 PM »
Look up "race ramps", foam ramp extensions. Seem to be popular around here.  Tongue of trailer up in the air and push car in is easiest for me.

You're gettin close!  Time to have some fun! 

i bet a 32' seems heavy on your 1500. :)  i tow my 42' with a 02 2500 Dodge.  Air bags make a wonderful addition...

Greg
El Dorado County, CA
www.meansracing.com

Offline wideopen231

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 1/8 3.70@ 198 1/4 5.78@245
  • Your Engine: Hemi 526 ci alcohol
  • Your Track: Piedmont
  • Your Vehicle: 225 CMC FED
  • General Location: NORTH CAROLINA
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2019, 05:39:02 PM »
Yea a  tag will never pull like a goose neck will.  Would have gone goose neck except for motor home I have is best thing for towing. FL70 with 1100 tq will have very little problem pulling trailer regardless what I put in it. Comfort aside of coarse.LMAO  Motor home has been sitting a while and needs some TLC plus computer needs to be flashed to hopefully fix cpl things. Dually needs brakes,paint and AC worked on. How do you know I own it? It needs work.
Relecting obama is like shooting right foot because it did not hurt enough when you shot left foot