Author Topic: Everybody needs to read this!  (Read 4292 times)

Offline Blind Mule

• View Profile
Everybody needs to read this!
« on: March 29, 2013, 05:11:57 PM »
http://www.competitionplus.com/drag-racing/news/24583-dan-parker-blinded-racer-aims-for-bonneville-fame

Dan is a good friend of mine great mind very very smart and is a great chassis builder he was one of the first nitrous pro mods to go in the 3's in the 1/8 mile years back. It is sad this happened but he goes on like nothing happened when I go to his shop he is always working on something ??? I would be in a closet sulking wanting pity he is amazing I wish everybody could talk to him ;) My son works with Dan his name is on that list Josh Mackey!

Randy!

Offline janjon

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 5.74/124 1/8
  • Your Engine: SB Chev, gas, 350ish
  • Your Track: Houston Motorsports Park
  • Your Vehicle: '65-ish 150" SBC/Glide FED
Re: Everybody needs to read this!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 09:14:44 PM »
That is some really cool stuff, there! I worked with a machinist (older guy) who once ran a machine shop staffed with blind people, and it was amazing to hear how these folks could operate the machinery and measure the part features without eyesight. So reading this article, it doesn't seem such a stretch that a person couldn't use his ears for guidance feedback. They say that the loss of one sense accentuates the ones remaining, so it so far-fetched that a blind person could compete in much faster venues? I wish this guy the best of success in what he is trying to do, he obviously has not decided to lay down and die.
Just keep the same amount of stuff on the right
as there is on the left. Seeing straight ahead is highly overrated....