Author Topic: new injector (pics added)  (Read 2844 times)

Offline wideopen231

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 1/8 3.70@ 198 1/4 5.78@245
  • Your Engine: Hemi 526 ci alcohol
  • Your Track: Piedmont
  • Your Vehicle: 225 CMC FED
  • General Location: NORTH CAROLINA
new injector (pics added)
« on: June 07, 2019, 06:54:41 PM »
 While not as pretty as Racin Jason's  its going to have to do for while. First design was .060 and middle was pulsating while idling .This one is .190 tube with butt load of welding. Still got some polishing to do,but getting close to being finished  Like I said not as pretty as wanted and heavier than would like,but hey its not like anyone else's.LOL
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 01:24:53 PM by wideopen231 »
Relecting obama is like shooting right foot because it did not hurt enough when you shot left foot

Offline wideopen231

• View Profile
Re: new injector
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 01:23:36 PM »
Ok pics actually posted this time.
Relecting obama is like shooting right foot because it did not hurt enough when you shot left foot

Offline RacinJacin

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 9.30's
  • Your Track: Thompson
  • Your Vehicle: FED
Re: new injector (pics added)
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 01:52:35 PM »
So COOL!!!! Please  More PICS !  More PICS!!  ...and I thought I did a LOT of welding!  Looks great - never seen another one like it!!!   
Jacin

Offline wideopen231

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2019, 05:36:51 PM »
At last calculations I had around 10' of weld and should have treated it nicer during fab so as not to have so many scratches to sand out. Will get more pics once I finish polishing and get fuel rails done. Want to do away with rubber hoses to avoid having any going bad inside plug nozzles. With car being intended for brackets avoiding anything that might cause minor issue is good thing.

Before comments start on hitting track above things have nothing to do with delay there.Just business deals going south hurting money,well that and older family members needing help. Maybe soon can tell how much trouble I am having getting it tuned in.

Offline RacinJacin

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 9.30's
  • Your Track: Thompson
  • Your Vehicle: FED
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2019, 05:50:03 AM »
Never thought to calculate the welding footage (until now)...I have right around 6-1/2 ft of weld in mine. Looking forward to seeing more of your pics.  I know what you mean about the scratches - I tried to keep those to a minimum, but &^^$ happns sometimes.  What I should have done was to weigh all my chips - I had several impressive piles of those I swept up during the process.  Thanks for sharing pics of your project. It's always cool to see what people come up with.

Jacin Barnes

Offline wideopen231

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2019, 07:07:38 AM »
Try doing whole car. I was well over  100' of aluminum before this project ever started, Add in steel and I know why eyes go bad. each tube connection is 3 to 4 inches around,The rear end housing close to 9 1/2 feet alone. Some day I will sit down and figure how much in whole car. Probably surprise the xxxx out of me when I do. Hey its all part of the fun of building and IMO thats more fun than driving and close to fun of tuning . If you are  spending this much money a time of your life you put into it and not having fun,then you have to be bordering on stupid.Right?