Social > Your Builds / Photo Gallery

Overseas new members ride

(1/16) > >>

Finnish Fireball:
Hi folks, greetings from Finland

I just finished my slingshot and thought to share it with other FED maniacs. I built it with Super Comp in mind
so theres nothing that fancy technically, just basic proven good stuff. Pump gas 461cid topped with PromaXX
alu heads, 950cfm QF, Comp 306s flat tappet cam. PG with transbrake and 4000 stall converter. Rear is 9" that
I stuffed with Strange Pro alu pumpkin, 4.29:1 gear. 35 splines pro shafts, spool and pro brakes.

Now that it is finished I'd like to add blower, alky injection and...and...and you know how this disease is a never
ending story. But this season I'll ride it like that for couple weekends just to have fun. No goals, no pressure.

dreracecar:
Very nice

However, the only issue I have based on the SFI spec here in the States is that the rear end uprite and the mount that is welded to it must go the full length of the uprite and also welded to the upper and lower framerails. A short tab mount like what is shown will not pass chassis cert over here by the rules

Finnish Fireball:
You are absolutely correct with that, for 7.50 sec SFI it needs to be four bolts and like you describe. However, this chassis
has current and valid UK sticker for 8.50 like it is. So going faster means modifying that rear end. I might change it anyhow
before sticker expires. Thanks for pointing that out.

denverflatheader:
Finnish Fireball – welcome, catchy paint scheme, would be well received here in America.  I’m guessing your parachute has a big Blue Cross : )  Alan

Finnish Fireball:
Thanks Alan, pretty neat idea for the chute hmmmmm.... time to go shopping  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version