Author Topic: Front suspension  (Read 11929 times)

Offline Scott Krieger

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 8.75 ET - 152.00 MPH 1/4 mile
  • Your Track: LVMS
  • Your Vehicle: Front Engine Dragster
Re: Front suspension
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2019, 12:34:22 PM »
I think its the way to go. Solid rear, less movement. Front suspension lets car run free (move around) and eat up the bumps and smooths shut down area ride.
Front motor guy here, but found me a lil 144" chrome moly r-e-d with 4 wheel disc brakes 9" rear. Solid front & back, Im going to put Rampy's altered style strut front set-up (seems to work for him) with 25" tall front tires for bottom bulb racing. Set the front up so if I want to super comp race, put the lil air plane fronts on. My feet are 40" from the front of the nose, so should make the boring ride a lil more interesting. Maybe ready for next Thanksgivings bracket races to race along with my daughters f-e-d.

Their giving away solid rear cars and front suspension is a easy fix.

Enjoy

Offline masracingtd1167

• bill masiello Shelton Ct.
    • View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 7.40's at 181 on motor 6.94 at 192 nitrous
  • Your Engine: 394 chevy
  • Your Track: Lebanon Valley Dragway
  • Your Vehicle: 2003 Neil and Parks
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2019, 02:39:29 PM »
The key here is to have your wheelie bar set at the right height ! You want the car to plant the tire at the hit and your bar should hit at the same time ! If you chalk your bar it is easy to see when it hits !

Offline masracingtd1167

• bill masiello Shelton Ct.
    • View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 7.40's at 181 on motor 6.94 at 192 nitrous
  • Your Engine: 394 chevy
  • Your Track: Lebanon Valley Dragway
  • Your Vehicle: 2003 Neil and Parks
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2019, 02:48:24 PM »
I think its the way to go. Solid rear, less movement. Front suspension lets car run free (move around) and eat up the bumps and smooths shut down area ride.
Front motor guy here, but found me a lil 144" chrome moly r-e-d with 4 wheel disc brakes 9" rear. Solid front & back, Im going to put Rampy's altered style strut front set-up (seems to work for him) with 25" tall front tires for bottom bulb racing. Set the front up so if I want to super comp race, put the lil air plane fronts on. My feet are 40" from the front of the nose, so should make the boring ride a lil more interesting. Maybe ready for next Thanksgivings bracket races to race along with my daughters f-e-d.

Their giving away solid rear cars and front suspension is a easy fix. There is a guy here in Div 1 that still uses those small air plane tires on his super comp car ! It's an older car with only a top end throttle stop ! He runs 8.90's at like 128 MPH and the guy's with the big MPH cars have a tough time beating him ! He has won a lot of races with that old car including a national event !

Offline wideopen231

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 1/8 3.70@ 198 1/4 5.78@245
  • Your Engine: Hemi 526 ci alcohol
  • Your Track: Piedmont
  • Your Vehicle: 225 CMC FED
  • General Location: NORTH CAROLINA
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2019, 03:01:36 PM »
Just so happens I know where there is a set of those little air plane wheels. Tires are in good shape too.
Relecting obama is like shooting right foot because it did not hurt enough when you shot left foot

Offline mrmopartech

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 8.82 1/4
  • Your Engine: 451 moparRB
  • Your Track: napierville dragway
  • Your Vehicle: 1988 rear engine dragster
  • General Location: montreal quebec eastcoast
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2019, 05:18:30 PM »
The reason I ask is.Some tracks are out right terrible,the return road even worse,and If I took a front suspension from a very large 4 wheeler,tables and made brackets,tie rods,and made a adjustable system to raise or lower the front to the height I needed would be cool and could be safer and less chance of bottoming out,and tearing the front off and wing.I would love to see any type of front IFS that is out there to get ideas,mrmopartech

dreracecar

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2019, 05:36:55 PM »
There is more flex in the chassis the you cure with suspension, chassis would either have to be very stiff or the front suspension really light to make it work,

Offline THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 8.28@168 door; 9.00@147 6-cyl alt; 8.53@160 RED
  • Your Engine: 300 Ford six NA w/ crossflow and prod. heads
  • Your Track: Milan, Thompson
  • Your Vehicle: (3) Advanced Chassis altered , The Last Logghe altered, '30 RPU
  • General Location: North Coast
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2019, 01:54:13 PM »
...I would love to see any type of front IFS that is out there to get ideas,mrmopartech

Mine.
Similar to Rampy's