Drag Racing Discussions > Rear Engine Dragsters

Front suspension

<< < (4/5) > >>

Scott Krieger:
I think its the way to go. Solid rear, less movement. Front suspension lets car run free (move around) and eat up the bumps and smooths shut down area ride.
Front motor guy here, but found me a lil 144" chrome moly r-e-d with 4 wheel disc brakes 9" rear. Solid front & back, Im going to put Rampy's altered style strut front set-up (seems to work for him) with 25" tall front tires for bottom bulb racing. Set the front up so if I want to super comp race, put the lil air plane fronts on. My feet are 40" from the front of the nose, so should make the boring ride a lil more interesting. Maybe ready for next Thanksgivings bracket races to race along with my daughters f-e-d.

Their giving away solid rear cars and front suspension is a easy fix.

Enjoy

masracingtd1167:
The key here is to have your wheelie bar set at the right height ! You want the car to plant the tire at the hit and your bar should hit at the same time ! If you chalk your bar it is easy to see when it hits !

masracingtd1167:

--- Quote from: Scott Krieger on July 12, 2019, 12:34:22 PM ---I think its the way to go. Solid rear, less movement. Front suspension lets car run free (move around) and eat up the bumps and smooths shut down area ride.
Front motor guy here, but found me a lil 144" chrome moly r-e-d with 4 wheel disc brakes 9" rear. Solid front & back, Im going to put Rampy's altered style strut front set-up (seems to work for him) with 25" tall front tires for bottom bulb racing. Set the front up so if I want to super comp race, put the lil air plane fronts on. My feet are 40" from the front of the nose, so should make the boring ride a lil more interesting. Maybe ready for next Thanksgivings bracket races to race along with my daughters f-e-d.

Their giving away solid rear cars and front suspension is a easy fix. There is a guy here in Div 1 that still uses those small air plane tires on his super comp car ! It's an older car with only a top end throttle stop ! He runs 8.90's at like 128 MPH and the guy's with the big MPH cars have a tough time beating him ! He has won a lot of races with that old car including a national event !

--- End quote ---

wideopen231:
Just so happens I know where there is a set of those little air plane wheels. Tires are in good shape too.

mrmopartech:
The reason I ask is.Some tracks are out right terrible,the return road even worse,and If I took a front suspension from a very large 4 wheeler,tables and made brackets,tie rods,and made a adjustable system to raise or lower the front to the height I needed would be cool and could be safer and less chance of bottoming out,and tearing the front off and wing.I would love to see any type of front IFS that is out there to get ideas,mrmopartech

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version