Drag Racing Discussions > Rear Engine Dragsters

Front suspension

(1/5) > >>

mrmopartech:
Has anyone every put a independent front suspension on there digger or have pictures of there car with it and how well it works,mrmopartech    penstarperformance@gmail.com Please post or send pics,thanks,scott

JrFuel Hayden:
here is a photo of a FED Woody front indy suspention, from what has been said , "no advantage"
Well my photo is too large to post , so if you are still interested Email me so I have your E address and I can Email the photo
jchansen60@gmail.com

Jon

dreracecar:
not worth the effort and expense since the driver is along the centerline of the car,  now offset  the drive as in a door car and suspension is a must

fuel749:
A few years ago there were a few  RED's around running Strange's altered struts.    More recently there was a builder with a swing arm or link type straight axle front end.  The selling point was the ability to keep the front tires on the ground at the launch .  The reasoning behind it is that it would help starting line  consistency  in bracket type rear engine cars that would occasionally and sometimes frequently (depending on xxxx near everything and anything) quickly pop the front tires off the ground and set them back down again almost immediately causing erratic red lights and/or reaction times.

Are you looking to solve an existing problem?

dreracecar:

--- Quote from: fuel749 on May 31, 2019, 03:52:28 PM ---A few years ago there were a few  RED's around running Strange's altered struts.    More recently there was a builder with a swing arm or link type straight axle front end.  The selling point was the ability to keep the front tires on the ground at the launch .  The reasoning behind it is that it would help starting line  consistency  in bracket type rear engine cars that would occasionally and sometimes frequently (depending on xxxx near everything and anything) quickly pop the front tires off the ground and set them back down again almost immediately causing erratic red lights and/or reaction times.

Are you looking to solve an existing problem?

--- End quote ---

If it worked, they would still be around today and the question would not have to be asked.  add the same amount of weight all that stuff weighs to the front and it would keep the front end down too and for much much cheaper

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version