Author Topic: advanced ET roller  (Read 3104 times)

Offline cad500justin

• View Profile
    • Copper Cadillac Racing
  • Your Best Time: 8.24@164
  • Your Engine: 500" caddy
  • Your Track: sac/bako/sonoma
  • Your Vehicle: 208" fed
  • General Location: The Altamont
advanced ET roller
« on: May 24, 2019, 03:05:11 PM »
Hey guys! I spent above my pay grade and built above my ability, now I have a motor that is capable of running faster than 7.50 but a chassis that isn't.
I'm looking for something fairly specific but shouldn't be too hard to find.

190-210" FED (225" wont fit in my trailer, unless you know someone that wants to buy my beater 24' trailer)
6.0 cert
able to accept a glide and with the availability to put a clutch in it.
the motor needs to be at least 38" out
9" rear preferred because i run odd gears 3.23

I have a sponsor that says he wants to put my car in his showroom and buy me another chassis.
supposedly nobody has gone faster than 7.30's with a Cadillac motor. hoping my new mill will do that on alcohol, but its built to run nostalgia A/fuel although i fully understand i don't have a chance against doc and drew. I'll most likely just run NE/1 but would like to reset that record on fuel.

Let me know if you have something and I'll send it to my sponsor.

Justin (925) 321-666one
located east of frisco.

Offline Paul New

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 6.47 @ 214 MPH SBC
  • Your Engine: 387" SBC
  • Your Track: Woodburn Dragstrip
  • Your Vehicle: 2005 FED
Re: advanced ET roller
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 07:42:05 PM »
I would try to go with more than 38” out! Mine is 42” and the next car I build myself will be at least 47” out but will remain 200”

dreracecar

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 09:40:15 AM »
39" I have found is the minimum to use a full glide and directly plugging it in to the Ford 9". Motor placement is not as serious as people make it out to be.  Sometimes its better and quicker to have a new car built then trying to find and adapt to a used one, but they are less expensive.  A used 200" 6.0 cert chassis is going to be tough.   I think Billy McDevitt up in Concord has/had a car that fit your needs  I was Dennis Murphys (RIP)  car that ran 7.0 with a SBC, You can get ahold of him thru FB

Offline JrFuel Hayden

• View Profile
    • Hayden Enterprises Speciality Wheels
  • Your Best Time: 6.02, 236 mph, 1/4 in 1973 Div 3 TF Champ
  • Your Engine: SBC, Alky, 403 ci, Best 6.99 @ 190 & 409 Hemi
  • Your Track: Bakersfield
  • Your Vehicle: 225" FED NHRA Heritage Jr Fuel
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2019, 12:16:47 PM »
Justin, I know of a few FED for sale , one is a roller JF car with out engine or powerglide, in Phoenix it has won NHRA Comp and Heritage races.
 I think his engine is out 44" with 225" WB, he also has a trailer that will take a 225 WB car. Also there is a JF roller for sale that will require some work, last time out the air bag under the car broke and some tubing will have to be replaced. I think its 185" WB with the engine location at 44" it was running a Ford so as with any car you get , you'll need motor plate and front mounts. This chassis is in the LA area, last I heard he wants under $5k. In Walnut Creek there is a JF 185"wb roller for sale racing the last two years the engine is 42" out I think.
So call me if any of that is interesting
Jon 805-444-4489
Jon C. Hansen

Hayden Wheels

Offline cad500justin

• View Profile
    • Copper Cadillac Racing
  • Your Best Time: 8.24@164
  • Your Engine: 500" caddy
  • Your Track: sac/bako/sonoma
  • Your Vehicle: 208" fed
  • General Location: The Altamont
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2019, 09:17:47 AM »
paul, i said 38" because my current car is 30-1/2" and id like to be able to pull the tranny without moving the frigging motor forward. but yes, 42-44-47 would be great!

I need to talk to billy, I've never actually hung out with him and he lives 45 minutes from me. I think he wants a little more than my sponsor is thinking dollar wise, but it sounds like its worth it.

Jon, if you could send me any info on that chassis in walnut creek, that sounds interesting.

Offline OldSchoolHP

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 8.92/158 - 1320'
  • Your Engine: 434 SBC
  • Your Track: AK Raceway Park
  • Your Vehicle: 125 Altered
  • General Location: Alaska
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2020, 09:54:48 AM »
I like this post. Did you find a chassis? 8)