Author Topic: shifter problems...  (Read 2542 times)

Offline SaltandPepper

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 9.638@140.65mph 1/4 mile
  • Your Engine: 327 small block
  • Your Track: Cecil County Dragway
  • Your Vehicle: slingshot dragster
  • General Location: East coast
shifter problems...
« on: March 05, 2019, 06:04:47 AM »
Having some difficulty here, hope for some help. I purchased a Digital Delay Elite RPM switch to replace the old MSD system for auto shift and aside from the switch not performing as it should, which I am calling Digital Delay today, I noted that the shift solenoid has a difficult time shifting from 1st to 2nd gear due to friction in the cable. I would like to purchase a new cable but am having a hard time identifying the type shifter I have. It has cc stik on the side of it but I get no hits at all when I google that. If anyone can steer me in the right direction to get a 4 foot cable or can identify which company makes this shifter it would be a help.

Offline hotrodpete

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 9.8@138
  • Your Engine: Early hemi
  • Your Track: St Thomas
  • Your Vehicle: Rooman Fiat altered
  • General Location: Orillia, Ontario
Re: shifter problems...
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 07:53:19 AM »
A picture of the mounting end on the shifter will  help. Usually there are two styles, one with a tab to fasten it(B&M) and a morse style. Compare it to a pic from Jegs or Summit.
A word of caution, the heavy duty cable is not very flexible! I bought one but ended up with a regular cable.

dreracecar

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 07:57:37 AM »
A cable does not know whos name is stickered on the side of the shifter.  pull the cable and post a picture of it , and we can send you in the right direction.

If the cable housing is red (morse) those are junk because you are limited on bends and after awhile the wire inside cuts and drags on the liner. 
 Control Cable (Ca.) makes a grey jacketed unit that is very flexable (even when tied in a not) and glides smoothly.
 They can build any length with any ends you need

Offline SaltandPepper

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 9.638@140.65mph 1/4 mile
  • Your Engine: 327 small block
  • Your Track: Cecil County Dragway
  • Your Vehicle: slingshot dragster
  • General Location: East coast
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2019, 08:06:14 AM »
Thanks for the info, ordered a cable from control cables....nice people, will do business with again