Author Topic: Intake design with MFI  (Read 1811 times)

Offline wideopen231

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 1/8 3.70@ 198 1/4 5.78@245
  • Your Engine: Hemi 526 ci alcohol
  • Your Track: Piedmont
  • Your Vehicle: 225 CMC FED
  • General Location: NORTH CAROLINA
Intake design with MFI
« on: December 18, 2018, 06:35:12 PM »
Wondering if any of you have ever swapped intakes with injection and picked up fair amount. Yea all combos different.Not looking for design for my use.Just wondering how much any have found.

Going to be building another sheetmetal intake sometime in future to lower setup with lower injector height and had a design idea in mind since about 90% the way thru current intake. So will be a test piece later on. Wondering how much it might effect power and seeing what other have seen,Just a info thread. Always looking for more and always will be. While I have a design in mind ,There is no reason not to learn from what others have tried or found to work or not work. Why build a design that other have found to not work instead of trying something similar to designs that have worked.

Again this has nothing to do with getting my car out its just a research for future project and ideas of things for future projects
Relecting obama is like shooting right foot because it did not hurt enough when you shot left foot

dreracecar

Re: Intake design with MFI
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 08:43:11 AM »
with injection (alc-nitro) its more important to get the fuel delivery as close to the intake valve as possable, Air is Air and not that critical on how it gets there. Port air volume decreses the further away from the intake valve you get