Author Topic: Where do I have a rant ? Here?  (Read 2399 times)

Offline retroboy

• View Profile
  • Your Track: Whyalla
  • Your Vehicle: FED
Where do I have a rant ? Here?
« on: December 18, 2018, 03:07:41 AM »
Howdy.
I'm on the other side of the globe from most of you (Australia) where we have a culture of mateship, helping each other out and giving people a fair go. I'm pissed off (we also tell it like it is without trying to sound PC for fear of offending someone).  I have a Mate who's 79, a great bloke who built at home and raced a top fuel car out of his own blue collar pocket in the mid 1970's, he's the first to help turn something up, mill it down and just fabricate everything for anyone, he built a planetary transmission for his fuel car using the gear set from a 727 TF, made full floating hubs for rear ends using front wheel drive axle hubs, used a washing machine pump for fuel injection on a home built blown 272 Y block way back in the 1960's. He was crewing on the first 4 second Fuel car here and later sorted NHRA top fuel pilot Richie Crampton's super charged gasser here in Australia before he went to the US to race.  In short he has forgotten more than 10 of us will know in 2 life times and has build more cars for others for nothing than I have fingers to count 'em on
A few years ago he was helping out a guy with a Top Fuel car sort out issues - he thinks they're mates. The guy hasn't run this car for a few years but has a power tool company sponsor so he does fire up outside a hardware chain stores.  I can't see what else he's doing. He gave my Mate a pair of wire wheels 8 or 9 years ago and he's not flash with spare change so he sold them to me. Now he's saying he want's those wheels he gave him back - reckon they were a loan. My mate is feeling being intimidated by this punk. I'll give them back to him and He'll reimburse me but I want to tell him to Piss off. After giving it some thought I've decided that I want $140 for the tyres and $50 for the bearings from the Top Fuel guy. I'm sure he won't want to pay and that will put a stop to this nonsense but I have no way to contact him and if I tell my old mate I know he won't tell him rather he'll pay me and tell me the other guy did. Ya following.
He just a user and I'm sick of these people taking advantage. Rant over.
Cheers

Offline THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 8.28@168 door; 9.00@147 6-cyl alt; 8.53@160 RED
  • Your Engine: 300 Ford six NA w/ crossflow and prod. heads
  • Your Track: Milan, Thompson
  • Your Vehicle: (3) Advanced Chassis altered , The Last Logghe altered, '30 RPU
  • General Location: North Coast
Re: Where do I have a rant ? Here?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 09:42:45 AM »
I feel your pain. I don't have an answer, but I like that you are trying to do right by your mate. He seems like a nice dude. You're lucky to have him as a friend. Good luck.