Drag Racing Discussions > Tow Vehicles

Towing in the pits

<< < (2/4) > >>

GlennLever:
I use a strap, for the soft start up. No jerks.

Guido:
Thanks for the reply, I was thinking of like a 6' bar between the digger and cart, I just wasn't sure how good it works or if there becomes any binding issues where it hooks to the dragster or if there would be to much movement with heim joints on both ends that could cause problems

noslin:

--- Quote from: Guido on November 12, 2018, 05:08:13 PM ---Thanks for the reply, I was thinking of like a 6' bar between the digger and cart, I just wasn't sure how good it works or if there becomes any binding issues where it hooks to the dragster or if there would be to much movement with heim joints on both ends that could cause problems

--- End quote ---

From what I have seen the his are 90 def from each other.  One goes vertical and the other horizontal.  So on the digger it would be horizontal. I'm gonna see where I can do this on mine. 

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER:

--- Quote from: GlennLever on November 12, 2018, 04:44:25 PM ---I use a strap, for the soft start up. No jerks.

--- End quote ---

Except one time my wife was towing me back and got delayed by the e.t. shack. She forgot the fact that she was towing me and took off in the tow vehicle (Econoline van) so quickly that the tow strap (7000# test strength) stretched out so much it snapped off at the hitch. It came back at me with the speed of a rifle shot, glanced off the front wing and put a huge dent in the fuel tank that is still there today. Good that it didn't hit my face shield or I may be blind today.

gregm784:
While i like the push bar idea, with my digger, and a pushbar, the tow veh will be 25 feet behind the front tires.  When you tow out of rows, you won't know whats coming until 15 feet of car is out in the road.  Not something i want to experience. i'll stick with a strap.  We have 1 person that tows, and that person is trailed so we don't get jerky starts

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version