Author Topic: 02 gauge  (Read 2052 times)

Offline wideopen231

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 1/8 3.70@ 198 1/4 5.78@245
  • Your Engine: Hemi 526 ci alcohol
  • Your Track: Piedmont
  • Your Vehicle: 225 CMC FED
  • General Location: NORTH CAROLINA
02 gauge
« on: November 08, 2018, 11:23:38 AM »
Spud,

Do you know of a o2 gauge that can record highest reading during a run,kind of like recall on a tach. Don't have data recorder yet and looking for way to compare o2 to plugs and a old antique dat recorder that does not have o2 compatible settings. If not any recommendations on quality gauge for o2 reading?
Relecting obama is like shooting right foot because it did not hurt enough when you shot left foot

Offline noslin

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 0.00
  • Your Engine: none
  • Your Track: none
  • Your Vehicle: none
  • General Location: west coast
Re: 02 gauge
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 07:12:34 PM »
From my experience with EFI and Meth, you have to look at the sensor and the controller and see what the minimum lambda they will read.  most 02 controllers will read down to about .70 lambda or 4.5 meth scale. reason why i bring this up is i talked to Moran one time when i had issues with his injectors and we were discussing 02's.  he told me that on his PM they are  about 3.9 meth scale.   he has been using the Big Stuff efi units for years and i guess BS has 02 add-on that will read that low.  they use the NTK sensors, i think they are the medical grade?  (guessing).. all i know is they are SPENDY...

my point in mentioning this is, i dont know what teh afr would be for meth on something like your going to run.  but, if it will be lower then 4.5 then need to look at the sensor AND the controller as not all controllers will automatically read lower then 4.5 afr on meth scale even if the sensor will.

im gonna guess that if your only make say 1500-2k hp then i doubt your AFR wont go below 4.5 meth scale. 

might look at AEM, Innovate, Altronics

Dean

Offline gregm784

• View Profile
    • Means Racing
  • Your Engine: 365" GenIV SBC
  • Your Track: Famoso Raceway
  • Your Vehicle: 1997 Stirling 200" FED
Re: 02 gauge
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 01:53:34 PM »
Good point Dean. I run a calculated 3.9 or so AFR on my small block
Greg