Author Topic: prolong lubricant  (Read 3075 times)

Offline noslin

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 0.00
  • Your Engine: none
  • Your Track: none
  • Your Vehicle: none
  • General Location: west coast
prolong lubricant
« on: October 13, 2018, 08:10:30 PM »
im just surfing good vibrations looking at things.  seen this lubricant, read the description.. have no idea where it would be used.  so little education please.  what apps would you use this stuff in? i tried posting link but it doesnt go anywhere.

Prolong AFMT™ Multi-Purpose Lubricant Concentrate is formulated with Prolong's AFMT™ advanced technology to treat all metal surfaces through a molecular and chemical process. This creates a unique, superior resistance to extreme pressure friction and heat, major enemies of equipment life and efficient, economical performance. With expensive equipment, tight production schedules and costly down time, Prolong AFMT Multi-Purpose Lubricant Concentrate helps reduce operating overhead and improves the bottom line by keeping equipment running dependably and efficiently.

Product Overview
    -Reduces electrolysis, extreme pressure friction and excessive heat
    -Displaces moisture and protects metal surfaces
    -Helps prevent corrosion and oxidation
    -Formulated with the unique, AFMT™ advanced technology formula

How to use
Add 10% to total volume of oil for gas, methanol, nitro or diesel fueled motors, engines or gear boxes. Add 5% to total volume for hydraulic systems and automatic transmissions. For maximum results in large volume engines under heavy load, use 15% to the total volume of oil.

Race proven in most motorsports including: NASCAR, NHRA, IHRA, Marine & Tractor Pulling

Offline im6under

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 8.00 219 1/4 ages ago in a 219 mark williams red
  • Your Engine: 468 bbc
  • Your Track: None
  • Your Vehicle: None
  • General Location: Midwest
Re: prolong lubricant
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 12:08:07 AM »
Its basically STP...  an oil additive.  I am unfamiliar with the brand so i couldnt say how good it is..

Ages ago, when gas was 14 cents a gallon...  oil was oil and gas was gas (period).

People started adding stuff (STUFF) being everything we take for granted today. Like multi weight high temp detergent etc etc.

Sometimes people think their oil or fuel needs more stuff, and you can buy more stuff... most isnt snake oil.  The stuff really does work. Caveat: stuff is often a little goes a long way and afterwards returns diminish or make things worse.

Example. 1 can of stuff to 7 qts oil are fine.

12 cans to a half quart of oil... boom.  Well boom or call it full synthetic and charge triple for it. 😁

I worked for a place that did custom oil and fuel blending for a while. They had giant steam heated vats for heating the oil prior to adding stuff.

They would blend and ship in tank trucks or package qts or gallons and private label. Box truck ship.

They were in business over a 100 years. Could longer compete with big box corp stuff.

Offline noslin

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 0.00
  • Your Engine: none
  • Your Track: none
  • Your Vehicle: none
  • General Location: west coast
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 06:07:01 PM »
Its basically STP...  an oil additive.  I am unfamiliar with the brand so i couldnt say how good it is..

Ages ago, when gas was 14 cents a gallon...  oil was oil and gas was gas (period).

People started adding stuff (STUFF) being everything we take for granted today. Like multi weight high temp detergent etc etc.

Sometimes people think their oil or fuel needs more stuff, and you can buy more stuff... most isnt snake oil.  The stuff really does work. Caveat: stuff is often a little goes a long way and afterwards returns diminish or make things worse.

Example. 1 can of stuff to 7 qts oil are fine.

12 cans to a half quart of oil... boom.  Well boom or call it full synthetic and charge triple for it. 😁

I worked for a place that did custom oil and fuel blending for a while. They had giant steam heated vats for heating the oil prior to adding stuff.

They would blend and ship in tank trucks or package qts or gallons and private label. Box truck ship.

They were in business over a 100 years. Could longer compete with big box corp stuff.

thank you for your reply, STP i understand.. that makes sense to me when you said that. I just did not think of it in that fashion. 

Dean

Offline wideopen231

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 1/8 3.70@ 198 1/4 5.78@245
  • Your Engine: Hemi 526 ci alcohol
  • Your Track: Piedmont
  • Your Vehicle: 225 CMC FED
  • General Location: NORTH CAROLINA
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 12:17:22 PM »
Pro long actually makes oil draw to heat area,where as oil normally runs from heat. Good friend of ours was working on TF dragboat. Team did not replace oil after draining.Made a pass and when lpulled motor apart nothing was hurt.TRUE STORY. I know hard to believe since fuel motor normally hurt no matter what.Is good stuff.
Relecting obama is like shooting right foot because it did not hurt enough when you shot left foot