Author Topic: New 6 cylinder Magneto: Super-Mag IV  (Read 2948 times)

Offline Spud Miller

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Fuel Injection Ent., LLC
New 6 cylinder Magneto: Super-Mag IV
« on: October 25, 2018, 05:10:00 PM »

Hello,

I just wanted to drop in here and let every one know that in 4-6 weeks, we'll have brand new 6 cylinder Super-Mag IV magnetos for sale! These are points-style, external coil mags making 4 amps average (about 10 amps peak). They're the standard band-clamp type generator like the regular Super-Mag series that we have been manufacturing for over 7 years now.

Mallory never offered a 6 cylinder version and neither has MSD. Vertex quit making their 6 cylinder mag a number of years ago. Our Australian dealer convinced me to build some 6's and try them since 6-bangers are a hot item over there. So, we're doing a "limited production run" of these to see how they sell.

At this point, we have no lower drives ready for any of the 6's. We're happy to take distributors from customers, measure them up and get some of the popular drives made and offered that way.

Also, mainly because of these 6's and their eventual and intended use in Australia, we've reintroduced the advance weights that Mallory once offered for the magnetos. They allow an advance curve in the lower drive, mainly to make starting easier. We have 10, 14, 18, 22 and 26 degrees available.

Thank you!
Spud

Fuel Injection Enterprises, LLC
     Mechanical Injection
     Magnetos
     EFI Conversions

Offline GlennLever

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Lever Family Site
  • Your Best Time: 1/4 mile 7.950 at 165 MPH
  • Your Engine: Pontiac 461 Alky Blown