Author Topic: Bigfoot QT8K-16 Hydraulic Trailer Tongue jack unboxing, install, and review  (Read 3874 times)

Offline GlennLever

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Lever Family Site
  • Your Best Time: 1/4 mile 7.950 at 165 MPH
  • Your Engine: Pontiac 461 Alky Blown
  • Your Track: Empire Dragway, NY
  • Your Vehicle: Front Engine Dragster
This is my Bigfoot QT8K-16 Hydraulic Trailer Tongue jack unboxing, install, and review.

I purchased this (as there are other chooses) because the company is family owned and operated. All main components come from the Midwest region (USA Built).

It appears to perform it's function well, but...there could have been more attention paid to the design.

That being said what they did was take their RV leveling piston and convert it for use on the trailer tongue.

It has an 8,000 pound lift capability with a 16 inch travel of the piston.

Glenn R. Lever
Rochester, New York 14617-2012
My Cars https://www.lever-family-racing.com/

Offline THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 8.28@168 door; 9.00@147 6-cyl alt; 8.53@160 RED
  • Your Engine: 300 Ford six NA w/ crossflow and prod. heads
  • Your Track: Milan, Thompson
  • Your Vehicle: (3) Advanced Chassis altered , The Last Logghe altered, '30 RPU
  • General Location: North Coast
Glenn, Have you ever checked your tongue weight? I made up a fixture to check mine since my tongue jack seemed to be laboring to lift the tongue above the ball.

A simple bathroom scale can then be placed under the moveable jack stand to read weight directly.
[Now watch - Harbor Freight will be selling these next year if they're watching.]
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 08:11:41 PM by THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER »

Offline GlennLever

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Lever Family Site
  • Your Best Time: 1/4 mile 7.950 at 165 MPH
  • Your Engine: Pontiac 461 Alky Blown
  • Your Track: Empire Dragway, NY
  • Your Vehicle: Front Engine Dragster
Glenn, Have you ever checked your tongue weight? I made up a fixture to check mine since my tongue jack seemed to be laboring to lift the tongue above the ball.

A simple bathroom scale can then be placed under the moveable jack stand to read weight directly.
[Now watch - Harbor Freight will be selling these next year if they're watching.]

Yes, I have borrowed a Hydraulic tongue weight scale The ball portion goes up into the tongue and you lift the trailer tongue with a floor jack and the scale reads the weight. Just under 2,000 pounds. Trailer hitch on the motor home is good for 16,000 pounds.

that is a nice setup you have.
Glenn R. Lever
Rochester, New York 14617-2012
My Cars https://www.lever-family-racing.com/