Author Topic: SPud tunnel ram spool?  (Read 2029 times)

Offline wideopen231

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 1/8 3.70@ 198 1/4 5.78@245
  • Your Engine: Hemi 526 ci alcohol
  • Your Track: Piedmont
  • Your Vehicle: 225 CMC FED
  • General Location: NORTH CAROLINA
SPud tunnel ram spool?
« on: June 25, 2018, 01:35:39 PM »
Spud,

Just recieved new spool from you for tunnel ram set up w/k_style BV. Noticed the hole in spool that feeds main is gone.ALso differences in feed ramp. Question is about no hole for main feed in spool. Do see where it feeds off main inlet,just wondering why not on tunnel ram and is one blower. Edumactional question.
Relecting obama is like shooting right foot because it did not hurt enough when you shot left foot

Offline wideopen231

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 1/8 3.70@ 198 1/4 5.78@245
  • Your Engine: Hemi 526 ci alcohol
  • Your Track: Piedmont
  • Your Vehicle: 225 CMC FED
  • General Location: NORTH CAROLINA
Re: SPud tunnel ram spool?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 01:42:11 PM »
WHile I have you on the line. Pretty sure will not effect anything,but. If I drill hole to allow fuel to the pump saver feed at WO will it hurt anything.Not going to poppet but to another bypass set up I have for controlling temp and if need leaning out electronic wise. Any real need for pump saver with little 7 gpm pump? Do they make a tunnel ram spool thats not drilled at all?
Relecting obama is like shooting right foot because it did not hurt enough when you shot left foot

Offline Spud Miller

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Fuel Injection Ent., LLC
Re: SPud tunnel ram spool?
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 08:45:34 PM »

Unlike the cube metering valve, the K-valve is NOT meant to be used with a blank pill in it for naturally aspirated applications. A supercharged deal has a ton more fuel going through it at idle and that extra hole "jumps the pill" at idle and gets rid of excess idle fuel. It blasts through that hole you're missing, and straight across in front of the pill and out the idle check valve along with what shoots through the pill. As soon as you open the throttle, that circuit is closed and the main pill is it. That circuit isn't used in naturally aspirated...the pumps for those setups are much smaller and the idle check valve is generally set at only a couple of PSI for those. Not a ton of flow to deal with. I think if you drilled that hole, your idle setup would change quite a bit from it.

Drilling a hole to bypass to the pump saver at wide open throttle is a little scary unless you are only using it strictly for an electronic high-speed sort of port. A simple tee anywhere in the system would also do that and add the benefit of helping to bleed off fuel when the throttle closes at high RPM just like a pump saver (if you're using a regular spring loaded check valve). If you supply it through a WOT hole like you mentioned, then it can't help you that way.

We carry spools with no slot and no holes at all for people that like to do their own thing. I've not seen a notched version with no holes, but they probably have them. Give Enderle a call and see what they have or buy a blank from us and see what you can do!

Spud

Fuel Injection Enterprises, LLC
     Mechanical Injection
     Magnetos
     EFI Conversions