Author Topic: Basic question  (Read 3344 times)

Offline retroboy

• View Profile
  • Your Track: Whyalla
  • Your Vehicle: FED
Basic question
« on: June 19, 2018, 08:02:14 PM »
Hey all.
To keep it off the tyres (which go flat after a few days) I hang my car in the shed on a chain block. Looking for a better idea for jack stands. Does anybody have some pics of some sort of saddles or tubes welding to the bottom of the chassis for jack stand mounts? Something to run the car on would be nice.
Cheers

Offline Draw 3D

• View Profile
  • Your Engine: Blown Alky 406 SBC
  • Your Track: Wild Horse Pass
  • Your Vehicle: 1923 T Roadster
  • General Location: Arizona
Re: Basic question
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 07:58:24 AM »
I made some stands using 1" square tubing I had laying around with locking wheels so I can move the car around and are stable enough to start the car on, below is a picture from a few years ago:

Offline rooman

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 6.200/222.05 (1/4 mile--NT/F)
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 10:22:54 AM »
Most of my later cars have tabs on the lower frame rails at the rear so that the car can be pinned to a stand (or Pro Jacks if you are bucks up)

Roo
Yeah, I am from the south--any further south and I would have been a bloody penguin.

Offline Roger

• View Profile
  • Your Vehicle: 125 inch Altered
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 11:16:14 AM »
Here's a picture of my last car. Warm-up stand pinned to tabs on the frame, and a cart for the stand to sit on for movement around the shop. Something similar for the front.

Offline probird

• View Profile
  • Your Track: alberta
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 04:06:56 PM »
I use a Canadian tire motorcycle jack. (i'm sure harbor freight  has something similar)
I drive it into the garage, slide it under the back and jack it up. There cheap when on sale.
http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/motomaster-motorcycle-atv-jack-1500-lbs-0091015p.html