Drag Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

tire shake ideas?

(1/2) > >>

cad500justin:

a friend of mine is battling tire shake issues. Here's a good slo-mo viddy. They've tried different tire compounds and pressures, but no luck. blown alky sbc, 7.60 index, glide, leaving flat on the converter. If they hop up the motor to beat the shake, the car runs too fast for the index.
They're talking about stiffer sidewall tires.
i keep thinking just raising the tire pressure until it quits, but i've never dealt with this problem either.
wonder what lowering the launch rpm or a higher stall converter?
Maybe using a pneumatic throttle controller like what Greg has?

gregm784:
I believe this is a tire issue.  i think it can be made to work (more timing, more run at converter, to get tire speed)

32bantam:
Longer...lower wheelie bar would help (single wheel). It is jumping up at the hit...on the wheelie bar...then the bar slams it back down ect.
Not sure where you are with tire pressure....but 10 lbs might fix it...you NEED wheel speed, not spinning...just not wadding the tire up.
If 10 fixes it...try 9.5...then 9 until the problem comes back, then you know your tire pressure for those tires on that car.

Draw 3D:
I'm no expert but looks to me that the wheelie bar is too low and too much air pressure

dusterdave173:
I am no expert but my friends car was acting similar with blower they upped leave RPM to pretty high RPM and it quit shaking and started running great  I mean it was like high maybe 4000 but car settled down and started really showing out
also bar may be too low
a good leave is a balance between leave RPM--tire pressure--and bar height
If my car is driven right it is perfect--if any of the three is off it can look awful
Tire pressure on mine seems to be the item that makes the least diff
bar height Critical then leave RPM
I have had several pals go from injected to blower and high leave RPM fixed them all after many trials

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version