Author Topic: Quick Fuel Carburetor 1050 CFM Mechanical Secondaries QFX 4710-A Alcohol  (Read 7088 times)

Offline GlennLever

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Lever Family Site
  • Your Best Time: 1/4 mile 7.950 at 165 MPH
  • Your Engine: Pontiac 461 Alky Blown
  • Your Track: Empire Dragway, NY
  • Your Vehicle: Front Engine Dragster
This is currently listed on Fee Bay  SOLD
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221195811387?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

QFX 4710-A 1050CFM Quick-Fuel Alcohol Carburetor Race-Q SerieS with Mechanical Secondaries

CONDITION
I would rate these parts to be in Very Good Condition. 

DESCRIPTION
This action contains a number of items,

1) Let’s start with the Carburetor; Summit lists this Carburetor for $1,148.44. It is Quick-Fuel’s Race Q-Series Alcohol 1050 CFM QFX 4710-A. It is described as a 1050CFM Alcohol QFX -1.710" venturi X 2.000" throttle bore - Specifically calibrated for modern methanol; this carburetor will bring consistency and results to your racing program. Lightweight, state-of-the-art, and ready to run out of the box.

Features:

·        QFX All new aluminum main body w/raised venturi

·        Billet aluminum metering blocks with screw in restrictions

·        Aluminum fuel bowls with dual sight windows and fuel inlets

·        Nitrophyl® Floats (notched rear) and jet extensions

·        Stainless Steel .150" Needles and Seats

·        Billet Aluminum annular booster inserts

·        External Linkage

·        Hand assembled and engine tested

·        Quick Fuel’s Part#: FX-4710-A

·        External Linkage with Multiple Adjustments for the amount of Primary Throttle opening before the Secondaries Open: Moderate Progressive (25%), Medium Progressive (40%), Full Progressive (50%), & 1:1

2) Next is the Hilborn-style scoop, Jegs lists this scoop for $196.99, and is just the right finishing touch to the carburetor. This air scoop is designed to be used with two 4 barrel dual quad carbs but has had a new base plate created to allow it to be bolted directly to the carburetor without any adapters. Approximate measurements are 20" long, 9-1/2" wide and 6" tall.

3) In the rear of the scoop a shift light and a light that I used as a low oil pressure warning light have been installed, these lights list for $48.95 each at Summit and are the Auto Meter 5335.

4) The different length linkage rods which come with the carburetor when new along with the instruction on what holes to use to vary the timing of the opening of the rear barrels of the carburetor are included with this action. The package that contains these instructions and linkages is unopened, and is generally lost (not included in the sale of a used carburetor).

5)I am also including one package (which contains two) Quick-Fuel Non-Stick HP Fuel Bowl Gaskets 8-134, and one package (which also contains two) Quick-Fuel Non-Stick Metering Block Gaskets. The gaskets currently on the carburetor are in good shape, the blows are removed and replaced routinely to change out the jets for tuning purposes in the race season and last all season long.

6) JEGS dual Feed AN Fuel Line Kit, lists for $39.99,  for dual feed carburetors (7/8"-20 Holley or 9/16"-24 Barry Grant), these fuel lines have a 1/8" NPT pressure tap and plug for direct or remote fuel pressure gauge mounting. A fuel junction block connects to the fuel system via 3/8" NPT female or -6AN male inlet port. A special extension fitting connects the junction block to the front fuel bowl, and -6AN stainless steel braided hose with adapter completes the connection to the rear float bowl. Offered with blue/red or black anodized fittings.

7) JEGS Fuel Pressure Gauge, lists for 14.99, Encased in stainless steel, JEGS 1-1/2" Fuel Pressure Gauges are liquid-filled (needles don't bounce as engine idles) and shockproof. Their brass internals and glass lenses provide durability. Each gauge has a 1/8" NPT male fitting for connection to the fuel system.

NOTES

This carburetor has been properly maintained, it has been drained and flushed after each racing event (you can see this by looking at the blow pictures, no milky build up).

I used this carburator on my Pontiac powered dragster and ran 156 MPH in 8.59 seconds in the quarter, the engine was on the dyno and produced 625 HP

Here is a link to a pass with this intake setup on it

The jets that are currently in the carburetor are 184’s all the way around. I have Quick-Fuels jet assortment, they are listed in another action and would complement this carburetor nicely.

The intake used with this carburator is listed in another action.

The intake that this setup was on is listed.

Shipping includes Insurance up to the value of finial bid placed, tracking, once bidding is closed and item is shipped an e-mail with tracking information and expected delivery date will be sent to the buyer.

Fee Bay charges the following fees which is why I can no longer start my actions at $.99, if I do so I lose money. Insertion Fee, Item Final Value fee, Shipping finial value fee, Buy It Now Fee, Reserve Fee, Subtitle Fee, Value Pack Fee, Bold Fee, Scheduled Listing Fee, PayPal Fee

Shipping on this item is based on its size, and the weight.

Thanks for looking and good luck bidding. 

Take a look at my other auctions

« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 05:53:08 AM by GlennLever »
Glenn R. Lever
Rochester, New York 14617-2012
My Cars https://www.lever-family-racing.com/

Offline buickfed

• View Profile
glenn,
i was watching the video and you move your head forward when you launch. question why?
john

Offline GlennLever

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Lever Family Site
  • Your Best Time: 1/4 mile 7.950 at 165 MPH
  • Your Engine: Pontiac 461 Alky Blown
  • Your Track: Empire Dragway, NY
  • Your Vehicle: Front Engine Dragster
I'm running a class with no electronics.

The dragster lunches in about .126 seconds.

I have to time, in my head, a delay before launching other wise I red light.

I do that by counting  and bobing my head.
Glenn R. Lever
Rochester, New York 14617-2012
My Cars https://www.lever-family-racing.com/