Author Topic: Edelbrock Victor Series #2956 Pontiac Aluminum Intake Manifold Air Gap  (Read 5130 times)

Offline GlennLever

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Lever Family Site
  • Your Best Time: 1/4 mile 7.950 at 165 MPH
  • Your Engine: Pontiac 461 Alky Blown
  • Your Track: Empire Dragway, NY
  • Your Vehicle: Front Engine Dragster
Currently listed on Fee Bay  SOLD
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221195422925?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Edelbrock Victor Series Intake for a Pontiac, This intake is for a 4500 Series Carborator   

CONDITION
I would rate these parts to be in Very Good Condition. Jegs sells this intake for $339.99

DESCRIPTION
This intake has had modifications made to it but will work in a pure stock application. Please read further for a description of the modifications, but first a description of this intake.

This manifold fits Pontiac 326-455 V8 Engines. All threads are fine no issues.

Two versions of the Victor Pontiac are available for 389-455 competition engines. This is Edelbrock’s #2956 which is for 4500 Series carbs. It is ideal for drag racing (Super Stock, Super Gas, Super Comp, Brackets, etc.), marine or any application requiring maximum power up to 7500 rpm.

It is compatible with standard Pontiac cast iron heads, or use with Edelbrock Performer RPM Pontiac aluminum heads, or Kaufman Racing heads for maximum power.

The intake has been professionally powder coated with silver metallic which looks very much like the bare aluminum that the intake comes as. However you will never have to polish and it can be keep new looking by simply wiping it down with glass cleaner.

Modifications,

1) The water crossover has been separated from the intake, this means that the water crossover can remain in place, and the intake can be removed from your engine without having to drain the coolant. This modification has no effect on performance or function of the intake other than making maintenance on your engine easier.

2) The crossover has been modified to accept hard lines that run to the rear of the heads so that coolant flows from both the front and the rear of the heads. This improves performance and it eliminates hot spots in the heads which is caused by only allowing coolant to escape the heads from the front. This modification can be eliminated by using the included caps to cap off the modification. I have included two shots of this modification installed on my engine.

3) The intake has been port matched to Tin Indian Performance Gaskets, Part Number TIP-120240. I am including a set of these gaskets in the action (when was the last time you saw an action for a used intake that included a set of new gaskets?) This modification will work with Pontiac cast iron heads, or with Edelbrock Performer RPM Pontiac aluminum heads, or Kaufman Racing heads.

I used this intake on my Pontiac powered dragster and ran 156 MPH in 8.59 seconds in the quarter, the engine was on the dyno and produced 625 HP

Here is a link to a pass with this intake setup on it

NOTES

The carberator that was on this intake is listed in another action.

Shipping includes Insurance up to the value of finial bid placed, tracking, once bidding is closed and item is shipped an e-mail with tracking information and expected delivery date will be sent to the buyer.

Fee Bay charges the following fees which is why I can no longer start my actions at $.99, if I do so I lose money. Insertion Fee, Item Final Value fee, Shipping finial value fee, Buy It Now Fee, Reserve Fee, Subtitle Fee, Value Pack Fee, Bold Fee, Scheduled Listing Fee, PayPal Fee

Shipping on this item is based on its size, and the weight.

Thanks for looking and good luck bidding. 

Take a look at my other auctions

« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 05:58:50 AM by GlennLever »
Glenn R. Lever
Rochester, New York 14617-2012
My Cars https://www.lever-family-racing.com/