Drag Racing Discussions > Electronics

2-step

<< < (2/4) > >>

JrFuel Hayden:
Hey Bruce, it was nice talking to you and your wife at Don Longs last night.
I meant to ask you, I know you have been Dave's partner, but have you ever driven a dragster ?

Jon

GlennLever:

--- Quote from: dreracecar on September 24, 2017, 01:16:41 PM ---A 2-step gives an advantage to a no talent driver that cant control his(or her)starting line RPM

--- End quote ---

A two step is an ignition box that allows you to set two different max RPMs. The first is triggered by a 12 volt input usually from the trans brake button. This allows you to put the foot to the floor while on the trans brake and get a specific launch RPM. The second max RPM is considered a safety RPM and will not allow the engine to over rev if it was to lose it's load.

I use a two step. it is allowed by the rules that I race under. I race to win, and will use every advantage I can allowed by the rules.

I believe I have some talent, was first in my series up until this last race and now am second.

No need to insult people that have a different opinion than yours.

There are not may “Rules” that I would impose. However please no cussing, cussing just shows a lack of knowledge in the use of the English Language. You can express your feelings without cussing. Be respectful of other members. Everyone has a right to their opinions, and a right to do it differently than you might. No camping on. Think about making your userID something meaningfully or representative of what you stand for.

If this is a problem there is always HRE which loves to insult people and the reason this forum was started.

Glenn

dreracecar:

--- Quote from: JrFuel Hayden on September 24, 2017, 05:34:46 PM ---Hey Bruce, it was nice talking to you and your wife at Don Longs last night.
I meant to ask you, I know you have been Dave's partner, but have you ever driven a dragster ?

Jon

--- End quote ---

I have only tried it once, but that does not mean I don't know how. Dave and I vary in size and not worth the expense to outfit myself for a very limited amount of seat time. I prefer the roll as designer, builder and tuner

nostalgic371:
I like it here, there is a lot of respect for most every opinion, there are a lot of different ways to get a car down the track, get it done and even win occasionally, and that diversity makes it that much more interesting. I was on the other site too, It got to where I didn't want to post at all.

wideopen231:
As stated its nothing more than away to control stage rpm. I am not a fan. Especially with MFi. Dropping cylinder with BV wideopen is just not good combination IMO. I know two pro mod style motors that have broken mains  while running 2 step with blower.

If allowed a starting line enhancer is better way IMO.Since I intend to run brackets I will have SLE on my car.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version