Author Topic: roll bar padding  (Read 4716 times)

Offline noslin

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 0.00
  • Your Engine: none
  • Your Track: none
  • Your Vehicle: none
  • General Location: west coast
roll bar padding
« on: September 16, 2017, 11:47:41 PM »
IM going to get the ISP sides and put the sfi roll bar padding on top and back bars.  what is sfi, 45.1 or 41.1?  was adding to my wish list on summit and i chose offset for padding and longacre 41.1 came up.  figured it would be 45.1.

ty
dean

Offline gregm784

• View Profile
    • Means Racing
  • Your Engine: 365" GenIV SBC
  • Your Track: Famoso Raceway
  • Your Vehicle: 1997 Stirling 200" FED
Re: roll bar padding
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 11:12:53 AM »
I have "Orange Aid" 45.1 padding on my car, and ISPs. 
Greg
El Dorado County, CA
www.meansracing.com

Offline denverflatheader

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 07:23:06 AM »
Dean - ISP 2 piece lateral head support system used on my red.  Requires fitting/forming aluminum blanks to your cage tubing.  Both their 2 piece lateral and 3 piece head surround system are sfi 45.2.  On their website, I see they offer a third bolt-on option: ready to install which does not require custom fitting/forming aluminum blanks to your cage.  This third option did not state sfi 45.2 in their ad.

With their custom fitted head support, you measure and provide your desired dimension for helmet clearance.  ISP fabricates with sfi 45.2 foam to match exactly your requested helmet clearance dimensions.  Think on this; you need clearance to move your helmet to see the tree, but not so much that you can easily look back over your shoulder.  My helmet clearance is 1/2 inch on both sides, with the foam pad angling out for more clearance moving to the front hoop.  Alan

Offline gregm784

• View Profile
    • Means Racing
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 08:26:03 AM »
This picture shows ISP clearance.  i love them and if it is up to me i'll never another car without them.  You can also see my OrangeAid padding.
Greg
El Dorado County, CA
www.meansracing.com

Offline wideopen231

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 1/8 3.70@ 198 1/4 5.78@245
  • Your Engine: Hemi 526 ci alcohol
  • Your Track: Piedmont
  • Your Vehicle: 225 CMC FED
  • General Location: NORTH CAROLINA
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 11:38:06 AM »
I'm ordering Garvin motorosports pads.He said Make the plates and send then and he would padd his se and cover them for 200.00. I seat insert kit and it came out pretty good.Tons cheaper than ISP's,not saying as nice but does the job and I feel same level of safety.
Relecting obama is like shooting right foot because it did not hurt enough when you shot left foot

Offline noslin

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 0.00
  • Your Engine: none
  • Your Track: none
  • Your Vehicle: none
  • General Location: west coast
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 06:01:12 PM »
i planned on getting the ISP 1025 version.  for measurements, on those instructions they just ask for the three measurements.  they dont ask for width of helmet or gap desired. but it does say on the sheet " to begin the order process".

i was wondering about the gap between helmet and pads.

also, does anyone put anything behind there head aside from the roll bar padding to help support the head during launch/run?

ill check out Garvin MS.  thank you

dean

Offline denverflatheader

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 08:34:55 PM »
Along with your 3 measurements required for the ISP1025, include the outside width dimension from your helmet at approximately your ear locations and provide this measurement with your preferred clearance from the ISP pads to your helmet sides.  ISP will then know the exact depth for the foam thickness.  Without this information, ISP will make the decision for you…

Padding or support behind your head varies cage to cage and driver to driver.  Like most of the items in the driver’s area, you have to sit in place and decide firsthand what works and what’s comfortable.

Offline gregm784

• View Profile
    • Means Racing
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 09:13:13 PM »
I wear a DJ Safety helmet leash on my helmet.  I'm thinking of putting an ISP type pad behind my helmet.
Greg
El Dorado County, CA
www.meansracing.com