Drag Racing Discussions > Tow Vehicles

1974 Chapparal trailer

(1/4) > >>

tcoupekyle:
Anybody know anything about these?  Good purchase? How big a tech does towing require? I'm kinda looking at a 35 ft pouch side.  Abby insight?

dreracecar:
All depends on what the seller wants for it and its current condition. They are TANKS, but at the time a 454 CC dually was enough as long as you upgraded the oil, trans,water coolers/radiators. Current trucks as produced now a days, would not be a problem.  Highly sought after trailers

gregm784:
I would trade my 20 year old United for a 40 year old Chaparral in a heartbeat.

Like Bruce said, they are heavy, but they don't ever wear out it seems. 

Obviously you'll pull brakes/bearings and check everything (more for peace of mind) if you do end up with it.

H.G. Wells:
As the others said, good ones are great. Watch for rust and they are very heavy. I almost traded for one, it had some add ons like shower and basic LQ and weighted around 9k empty. This was 40 or 42ft.

tcoupekyle:
Thanks allot for the information y'all.  So the details on my situation/status. The gentleman is asking 6500 for the chapparal its 35ft total 28ft box the rest is the goose. 
But,  one problem I'm looking at is its located 1800 miles from my home, so it will cost roughly a 1000 dollars in fuel to go get it. There's some options there because my parents are much closer so I'm not incredibly worried about the drive as far as time and money.  I could see my folks and two birds 1 stone I guess.
2nd issue is my truck is a '91 Ford f350 cc 460cid gasoline but it's single wheel rear axle. I load 2 door cars in the current trailer but current trailer is 24ft and its just 2 feet too short. Cars fit but it's a pain. But truck pulls it fine but it's a 24ft hallmark bumper pull. 

Essentially I'm on the fence on passing on the trailer, simply because of the truck capabilities.  But I'm kinda tied.
Any ideas given my limitations?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version