Author Topic: west coast north/south shootout  (Read 2762 times)

Offline noslin

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 0.00
  • Your Engine: none
  • Your Track: none
  • Your Vehicle: none
  • General Location: west coast
west coast north/south shootout
« on: April 21, 2017, 01:22:34 PM »
would there be interest in a west coast north/south shootout for NE1, NE2, NE3 lets say.  dividing line is Oregon/California border.   race in Redding or Medford... Redding is actually half way between Canada/Mexico border. 

look out a year.. that way everyone can look at all schedules etc and plan it out so a good group of cars could attend.

Please input to conversation so there is a good idea if feasible.  maybe add how you would setup up ladder etc.  who would ACTAULLY- HONESTLY show up.

ty
dean

dreracecar

Re: west coast north/south shootout
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 01:45:45 PM »
Most So Cal racers will not travel  beond Bakersfield (and Northern racers will not drive past it), the ones that went to  SAC did so for series points
 North VS South have traditionaly been between Northern Cal and Southern Cal and Famoso was the deviding line

Offline GlennLever

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • The Lever Family Site
  • Your Best Time: 1/4 mile 7.950 at 165 MPH
  • Your Engine: Pontiac 461 Alky Blown
  • Your Track: Empire Dragway, NY
  • Your Vehicle: Front Engine Dragster
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 02:00:51 PM »
It amazes me when I here of people that will not drive to a race.

We will travel all over the north east this summer to race.

The furthest race will be a three day drive, the shortest will only be 6 hours when we go to Summit Motorsports park.

Glenn
Glenn R. Lever
Rochester, New York 14617-2012
My Cars https://www.lever-family-racing.com/

Offline noslin

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 0.00
  • Your Engine: none
  • Your Track: none
  • Your Vehicle: none
  • General Location: west coast
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 02:38:10 PM »
I can understand and see not driving past Bakersfield for a race when there is an abundance of racing for FED's in the general southern California area and personally if i lived down there i probably wouldn't travel northern either unless for points even.  But not everyone with a FED is located in 'so cal' and grant it not everyone in Washington area might not want to make the trip either.  So, to narrow and appease.. geographic area would be central California (Sac, Bay area, Stockton, etc) and Oregon (Portland area and just over border).  that's six hour drive each way to Medford.

It sound like this race for Kool April Nights in Redding will have a good turnout for NE1 and NE2.  so, irregardless if the few who would not travel either direction and based on turnout for Reddings race, a north versus south event might have a good turnout.

some guys might want to do a race like this and that is why im putting the question out there.  maybe it could happen and thats why people need to chime in with what they think might make it a good event to attend. 

would you prefer Friday, Saturday or Saturday, Sunday... or Friday evening tnt, sat qual, sun elims?  i guess this would depend on car count too.  maybe get some B, C, D, gas guys to attend too.

if interested, talk about purse.. how far to pay back etc.

as a JOKE.. nor cal usually starts about Gorman when ppl refer to 'nor cal' or 'so cal' etc...

dreracecar

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 04:26:12 PM »
Races of this type work well with a TNT on Fri, qual Sat morn and race Sat afternoon /evening using Sunday as an overflow (weather or incident) and a travel home day.
  Years ago with GG's we would trek to Sears Point (Norcal) from LosAngeles it was a 10hr tow to get there on Fri, Qual on Sat and race on Sunday. Wasnt so bad to go out first round because you got out the track around noon, but to go rounds and win/runner-up you headed home around 7 at night after spending the weekend racing and you are butt tired, and the boss wants you to show up for work monday because he was nice and gave you Fri off.