Author Topic: Driver safety in FED  (Read 9064 times)

Offline Flint78

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 10.94
  • Your Engine: BBC 572 + 7-81
  • Your Track: none
  • Your Vehicle: none
  • General Location: Poland/Europe
Re: Driver safety in FED
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2017, 05:18:37 AM »
Thanks for the info guys, appreciate any info regarding practical info.  Looks like I need to slim down to fit into that FED anyway :) Kinda at 240 lbs right now. 

Offline THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 8.28@168 door; 9.00@147 6-cyl alt; 8.53@160 RED
  • Your Engine: 300 Ford six NA w/ crossflow and prod. heads
  • Your Track: Milan, Thompson
  • Your Vehicle: (3) Advanced Chassis altered , The Last Logghe altered, '30 RPU
  • General Location: North Coast
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2017, 10:38:38 AM »
Every 50 lbs is a tenth in a FED

Offline wideopen231

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 1/8 3.70@ 198 1/4 5.78@245
  • Your Engine: Hemi 526 ci alcohol
  • Your Track: Piedmont
  • Your Vehicle: 225 CMC FED
  • General Location: NORTH CAROLINA
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2017, 12:33:18 PM »
Why is 50 a .10 in fed and 100 is .10 in most other styles  of drag cars?  So the 50 extra my car weighs cost me a .10 instead of .05,now I'm pissed.Got to buy me some new drill bits and end mills.LMAO
Relecting obama is like shooting right foot because it did not hurt enough when you shot left foot

Offline noslin

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 0.00
  • Your Engine: none
  • Your Track: none
  • Your Vehicle: none
  • General Location: west coast
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2017, 04:27:23 PM »
Dean,
         Bruce is right on the money regarding the amount of room that the fabricated housings take up. Some manufacturers (Moser is one) make the housing so that it has a symmetrical appearance from the rear and that results in extra material outboard of the chunk on the right side. In the case of a handbrake car especially, this is not a good thing. Some of this problem is negated if you have a "high chair" car like some of the newer NT/F entries but we don't like them anyway and prefer a true nostalgia look. :)
  The other advantage of the Strange H1110 is that its design means that the axle tubes are very well supported due to the length of the welds that secure the tubes. Most of the others simply weld the housing to the tube at the end of the housing taper and to an internal bulkhead

Roo

interesting, had no idea that was available.  mines a high chair setup modern style chassis.  we talked about height but idea was to look over blower instead of walls.  at least thats way i understand it.  i can see on non-blown carb or injected deal having seat lower.  my buddy's is real low, i cant even get out of the sucker haha.   im gonna use hand brake, its a tight fit in these things anyways.  i dont know any difference so it will be perfect whatever it is haha.