Author Topic: drag rotating PG  (Read 3586 times)

Offline wideopen231

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 1/8 3.70@ 198 1/4 5.78@245
  • Your Engine: Hemi 526 ci alcohol
  • Your Track: Piedmont
  • Your Vehicle: 225 CMC FED
  • General Location: NORTH CAROLINA
drag rotating PG
« on: February 08, 2017, 08:23:56 PM »
 Just reassenbled PG in new JW case I got for added safety.Should be safe sucker is 10# heavier, When assembled there is lot of drag when trying to rotate by hand. Can do with vise grip(rubber pads).All clearances checked.Everything lubed.disassemble and reassembled cpl times.

How much drag should thehis migre be? Also  does have rubber spacers between steels to reduce drag when disengaged.Wondering if might be whats in biting me in butt?
Relecting obama is like shooting right foot because it did not hurt enough when you shot left foot

Offline bikeguy307

• View Profile
Re: drag rotating PG
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 06:56:15 PM »
Are you turning the input shaft or output shaft? If you are turning the input shaft is it in park? The drag you should be feeling is that of the band. The drag is deceiving, in reality it's not as bad as it feel when doing it by hand. When I get a chance I rig up a old bar style torque wrench and load test one.

Offline wideopen231

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 1/8 3.70@ 198 1/4 5.78@245
  • Your Engine: Hemi 526 ci alcohol
  • Your Track: Piedmont
  • Your Vehicle: 225 CMC FED
  • General Location: NORTH CAROLINA
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 03:48:52 PM »
turning both Ended up removing the rubber spacers betweent the steels in drum and seems to have taken care of issue.Not saying it was spacers them self,more something else got pushed out of place during assembly.Guess it was the guyh doing the assmbling.
Relecting obama is like shooting right foot because it did not hurt enough when you shot left foot

Offline bikeguy307

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 05:36:08 PM »
Awesome you got it freed up. I run the rubber spacers in the stock and super/stock units we build.