Author Topic: Looking for fellow FED's in central Alberta for Three Hills AB Can. Drag Racing  (Read 5897 times)

Offline grapro

• View Profile
  • Your Track: edmonton
  • Your Vehicle: 184" FED
Looking for any local to Alberta Fed's to come to Match race at a local Air strip for the Annual Three  Hills Cruise, Western Canada's largest cruise since 1981 on June 3 and 4 2017. I have been contacted again and the club is looking for some Fed's to come and help out and put a show on, we have three so far any more would be welcome. Please contact me for info.

Offline WhiskeyRebel

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 10.32
  • Your Engine: Just a baby 355
  • Your Track: Northern Lights Raceway
  • Your Vehicle: 1966 slingshot used to be Double Trouble with twin ford straight sixes
  • General Location: British Columbia, Canada
What ET are they running? My neighbor
and I each have one, but I am running 10.32 @ 4800ft
and he is mid 11's. Not sure if he would travel, he's kinda just local and comes out when he feels like it.
I may be able to make it though.

Offline WhiskeyRebel

• View Profile
  • Your Vehicle: 1966 slingshot used to be Double Trouble with twin ford straight sixes
I am way up in Fort St. John BC, about 8-9 hours from Red Deer depending on what route I take.

Offline hotrodpete

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 9.8@138
  • Your Engine: Early hemi
  • Your Track: St Thomas
  • Your Vehicle: Rooman Fiat altered
  • General Location: Orillia, Ontario
 I was in Grande Prairie in the eighties, we would come over to watch the races somewhere between Dawson creek and Fort St John. The RCMP would close and detour regular traffic off the highway . the local club would put up a christmas tree on the centre line then everyone ran and waited to return in an orderly single file. They even had a bleacher section off to the side of the road . There was one fed about 180" and one early funny car. Nostalgia racing before it was popular! The rest had doors .
 I doubt you can still do that today, but it was enough to hook me!

Offline WhiskeyRebel

• View Profile
That very well could have been my car. It was built in dawson in '66. Originally had 2 straight six fords, then one six, then sbc as far as I know. I will see if I can find a pic.

Offline WhiskeyRebel

• View Profile
All I can find on my phone. Its from before my time, but the local old boys remember this car well.

Offline ricardo1967

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: No full pass yet.
  • Your Engine: Alky SBC 400
  • Your Track: Brown County Dragway (Bean Blossom, IN)
  • Your Vehicle: 173" FED
That's sooo bitchin', thanks for posting Whiskey!

Offline hotrodpete

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 9.8@138
  • Your Engine: Early hemi
  • Your Track: St Thomas
  • Your Vehicle: Rooman Fiat altered
  • General Location: Orillia, Ontario
That is cool!   It looks like the dragster, but it was 35 years ago. All I remember is the nice blue colour. I think it had an sbc ?  But the tree in centre of the road is what I remember best!  We tried that idea with the police in Northern ont and were told
NO WAY! 

Offline WhiskeyRebel

• View Profile
Yeah, those old boys have some pretty good stories. 2 of them live on my street and stil race, 2 blocks over there is a couple more old drag racers. Our area of town is awesome in the summer. All you hear is 2 steps, cam break ins, open headers, love it.

Offline grapro

• View Profile
  • Your Track: edmonton
  • Your Vehicle: 184" FED
Pretty cool i just sent u a pm sorry for the late reply i was out of town.