Author Topic: Great to meet you this week Jon  (Read 2926 times)

Offline aafa760

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 7:02 @ 196
  • Your Engine: Blown BBC 450 BAE 496
  • Your Track: Wild Horse Pass
  • Your Vehicle: 225 Frameworks 7.0 Pro
  • General Location: PHX AZ
Great to meet you this week Jon
« on: January 16, 2017, 10:22:09 AM »
Jon
Thanks for taking the time to talk to me Friday. glad I got to put face to the name. BTW I loved the display in your pits of the rim you offer
Sorry to see the oil pan on the dragster had stuff in it.

I was able to find some JB weld.

Bryan Kelley

Offline JrFuel Hayden

• View Profile
    • Hayden Enterprises Speciality Wheels
  • Your Best Time: 6.02, 236 mph, 1/4 in 1973 Div 3 TF Champ
  • Your Engine: SBC, Alky, 403 ci, Best 6.99 @ 190 & 409 Hemi
  • Your Track: Bakersfield
  • Your Vehicle: 225" FED NHRA Heritage Jr Fuel
Re: Great to meet you this week Jon
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 01:14:36 AM »
Thanks Bryan, it was good talking to you too. You have a good looking car, Good Luck with it, call me anytime if you have questions.
Sorry we could not put on a better show, since we broke at least two rods on our TNT run to give our new driver his last license run.
We learn something new at each race. This one we should have put a high RPM chip in the 2 step, because we had a new driver, [ i don't normanly run a high RPM chip, because I have had problems with some chips making the motor miss] and we should have run the bigger 33" tall tires to make sure we went A to B. I thought the track was better than what it was because Kevin Carter ran two good runs, before us,  the best was a 7.02, but Dean was using the MSD grid to pull some timing out to run better with the cold track conditions. Which was legal to run TNT, but not legal to run in Heritage. Anyway what happen to us is we smoked the tires, hard, and the motor went over 11k for too long and broke 2 rods. We hope to fix it in time for the March Meet. We may have to quickly put the Hemi back together.
Thanks
Jon
Jon C. Hansen

Hayden Wheels