Drag Racing Discussions > Rear Engine Dragsters

Nostalgia Rear Engine

<< < (2/2)

George:
Allowing the RED into the Central Illinois based Nostalgia Quick Series has been considered a time or two but the general feeling is the spectator doesn't identify the more modern design as Nostalgia. I think the number of Rear Engine Dragsters in Quick 8-16 and Super Comp classes keeps the design a standard for modern dragsters and makes the FED "nostalgic".

DandyDan:
George, Wasn't Sloan wanting to do something like this at CID in Havana. I didn't know it was with the Nostalgia Quick Series though. I understand where the fans may not relate. Even though body styles have changed considerably.

George:

--- Quote from: DandyDan on December 11, 2016, 10:19:43 AM ---George, Wasn't Sloan wanting to do something like this at CID in Havana. I didn't know it was with the Nostalgia Quick Series though. I understand where the fans may not relate. Even though body styles have changed considerably.

--- End quote ---

Yes , Jimmy has spoke to me about this. I believe he has a FED and is looking at a SBF project. I hope he can race with us again.

Vince:
It's too bad this class has no where to run. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version