Author Topic: Me too "finally made a pass"  (Read 4169 times)

Offline afaulk

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 4.69 @ 145 1/8 mile
  • Your Engine: 370" Blown Alky Chevy
  • Your Track: I-22 Motorsports Park, Eldridge, AL
  • Your Vehicle: 186" Faulkner FED
  • General Location: North Alabama
Me too "finally made a pass"
« on: November 15, 2016, 05:45:11 PM »
  At I-22 Motorsports Park last Saturday's charity event.  Finally the weather is nice, no excuses I could think of, so I took the dragster. I'd made all kinds of changes.  Changed the rear gear and converter and went from 10 over to 10 under on the blower, added some weight to the nose and a little spoiler on the front axle. SOoo I didn't know what it would do. I made a couple of easy shakedown trips (just to get myself comfortable) and then did a good burnout. Launched off idle (foot brake) and had a 1.12 sixty' and went 4.89 @ 133.
Accidentally deep staged and I think I lifted about 60' short of the finish line. I was so surprised at making a pretty good pass that I didn't know what to do. 8)

Offline grapro

• View Profile
  • Your Track: edmonton
  • Your Vehicle: 184" FED
Re: Me too "finally made a pass"
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 07:21:49 PM »
Congrats, I bet you  were smiling from ear to ear. My boy also got his competition license this year. He was grinning pretty hard. FED'S  are the best.

Offline afaulk

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 4.69 @ 145 1/8 mile
  • Your Engine: 370" Blown Alky Chevy
  • Your Track: I-22 Motorsports Park, Eldridge, AL
  • Your Vehicle: 186" Faulkner FED
  • General Location: North Alabama
Re: Me too "finally made a pass"
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 07:35:14 PM »
Congrats, I bet you  were smiling from ear to ear. My boy also got his competition license this year. He was grinning pretty hard. FED'S  are the best.
  Yeah  I just about had a face cramp for a couple of days. I think some of the  weight needs to come off the nose. Then add a little more blower speed.............or maybe 5%  :P