Technical > Jon's Wheel House

Re-Tire

(1/2) > >>

PRO-MOTIONRACING:
So, here is my next question. Tires, same car, 125" Funny Car now an altered, BBC/PG on gas, looking at 8:50 and/or Super Comp. They have 17x33x15 on 15x15 rims on this thing and I need new rims anyway. I am thinking about 14x32 on 12" rims so they will fit my door car also. any suggestions ?

Thanks, 50-R

dreracecar:
Door cars with suspension require different tire construction then a solid chassis car where the suspension is built into the tire. Now weather this will affect a 8.50 car or not IDK, but my opinion is that 17" tire is a tad big for what you are going to run

PRO-MOTIONRACING:
That's what I was thinking. I was reading some older threads and it looks like the FED guys are running much smaller tires? I was wondering about the benefits to a smaller or bigger tire. I know bigger takes more power to pull but what about handling? vs traction? I actually prefer the narrow tire look but how small is to small?

Thanks again, 50-R

dreracecar:
Dragsters prefer a narrower tire than an altered

JrFuel Hayden:
50-R what is the size of your BBC, blown on gas ?? trying to get an idea what HP you are making.
I agree the 17x33 on 15 wide rims looks like it's too much.
Your converter choice will have a big effect on what tires/ wheels you will want.
Need more info,

Jon

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version