Author Topic: Non-believers  (Read 10337 times)

Offline afaulk

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 4.69 @ 145 1/8 mile
  • Your Engine: 370" Blown Alky Chevy
  • Your Track: I-22 Motorsports Park, Eldridge, AL
  • Your Vehicle: 186" Faulkner FED
  • General Location: North Alabama
Non-believers
« on: February 15, 2013, 07:27:23 PM »
Why are so many people scared of FEDs. What are your favorite comments about why they don't want to drive one? 8)

Offline Blind Mule

• View Profile
Re: Non-believers
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 08:08:53 PM »
I think people that remember Don Garlits deal where he lost his foot is one of the reasons :-\  That photo will be in peoples heads a long time! I guess they see where you sit and your jewels are there ;D  I talked to a guy years ago and we agreed that you would be safer between the rear tires if you got hit or hit something sideways!  I guarantee you if one of the big time bracket racers won a big race in one the FED builders phone would be ringing off the hook ??? I have owned all types of cars and had good luck i hope this car I'm building will be the same mainly to prove a point ;)

Randy!

Offline wideopen231

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 1/8 3.70@ 198 1/4 5.78@245
  • Your Engine: Hemi 526 ci alcohol
  • Your Track: Piedmont
  • Your Vehicle: 225 CMC FED
  • General Location: NORTH CAROLINA
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 10:40:08 AM »
Guess the chassis shops better get ready for calls. I plan on taking few small races before taking one of the big money deals. Then on to the next race to win. By then 4 link  dragsters should be cheap for sale every where as guys flock to the fed's.

Good thing I have confidance problem,never said it was lack of.
Relecting obama is like shooting right foot because it did not hurt enough when you shot left foot

Offline Blind Mule

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 03:03:45 PM »
 ;D

Offline bud

• Thanks for the Memories
    • View Profile
    • Buds-Motorsports
  • Your Best Time: 1/4 mile =7.32
  • Your Engine: SBC
  • Your Track: Closed now MAR. KCIR.
  • Your Vehicle: FED,RMD..
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 03:07:46 PM »
My comment about a red and a front motor draster : www.buds-motorsports.webs.com
(Well Folks after driving Front motor Dragster and Rear motor Dragster I would like to sumup this way . both are great the RMD is much easyer to drive and you dont get oil in your face, but you dont hear what the motor is doing and you dont have the 3rd member between your legs or your feet around the trans, but I got to say I would rather Drive the Front Motor Dragster even with all the bad Stuff.)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 07:54:51 PM by bud »
Bud

Offline BCCOWANWEELS

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 7.60 IN 1/4 MILE
  • Your Engine: BBC
  • Your Track: BRISTOL "THUNDER VALLEY"
  • Your Vehicle: REPRO LOGGHE BROS F.E.D. DRAGSTERS
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 07:38:58 PM »
# 1 FIRES
#2 SITTING ON OR RIGHT BEHIND REAR AXLE
#3 LEGS ON MOST ARE ON EACH SIDE OF TRANS.
#4 ENGINE BLOW UP GETS YOU PARTS IN BUTT, OIL IN FACE POSSIBLY FIRE & BLOWN TIRES FROM PARTS
NEED MORE TO SCARE YOU ? THESE CARS ARNT TOYS AND ARE FOR EXPERIENCED DRIVERS & CREWS
I BELIEVE IN JOHN 3:16

Offline wideopen231

• View Profile
  • Your Best Time: 1/8 3.70@ 198 1/4 5.78@245
  • Your Engine: Hemi 526 ci alcohol
  • Your Track: Piedmont
  • Your Vehicle: 225 CMC FED
  • General Location: NORTH CAROLINA
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2013, 08:02:19 PM »
BEING LITTLE MORE DNAGEROUS JUST MAKES THE THAT MUCH COOLER. Hey if they where the safest thing out I would hyave no itnterest in them.One look at screen name you let you in onfact I like thing that are little more edgey.I live ,drive ride(harley) all WIDEOPEN hyeck I even work that way.

Lots think they are just unpredictable,from my reasearch not so if setup correctly just like any other type of racecar.
Relecting obama is like shooting right foot because it did not hurt enough when you shot left foot

Offline gregm784

• View Profile
    • Means Racing
  • Your Engine: 365" GenIV SBC
  • Your Track: Famoso Raceway
  • Your Vehicle: 1997 Stirling 200" FED
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2013, 09:14:05 PM »
Lots think they are just unpredictable,from my reasearch not so if setup correctly just like any other type of racecar.

I've driven a lot of door cars, and my FED.  I'll stick with the FED.  Suspended cars act funny when things get goofy.  Never driven a RED.  No real interest in it.
Greg
El Dorado County, CA
www.meansracing.com